The Superduper Snubbie thread - Page 7

The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the gun club today set on buying a Smith & Wesson M&P 340 and found out that the S&W reps are gonna ...

Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

I went to the gun club today set on buying a Smith & Wesson M&P 340 and found out that the S&W reps are gonna be there in a couple of weeks performing free trigger jobs to any new revolver purchased, so I decided to hold on to my money for a little bit longer. I'll join the snubbie club soon tho....

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
    I went to the gun club today set on buying a Smith & Wesson M&P 340 and found out that the S&W reps are gonna be there in a couple of weeks performing free trigger jobs to any new revolver purchased, so I decided to hold on to my money for a little bit longer. I'll join the snubbie club soon tho....
    It will be worth the wait.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I just bought a 642 and it has the standard black grips S&W puts on new snubs. I noticed in the pics posted here that many folks put custom grips on their S&W snubs. The grips on my new gun don't allow the hand to go as high behind the trigger guard as the old style slim grips. And with the old style grip I could probably get my pinky onto the grip. Any comments on the advantages of each type of grip?

I will admit that some of the stag and wood grips shown here look really good - maybe I am just looking for an excuse.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieP View Post
    I just bought a 642 and it has the standard black grips S&W puts on new snubs. I noticed in the pics posted here that many folks put custom grips on their S&W snubs. The grips on my new gun don't allow the hand to go as high behind the trigger guard as the old style slim grips. And with the old style grip I could probably get my pinky onto the grip. Any comments on the advantages of each type of grip?

I will admit that some of the stag and wood grips shown here look really good - maybe I am just looking for an excuse.
    The thing with grips are the are very personal, I've found this to be more true with a revolver vs. an auto.

I might rave about one particular grip, but you might hate it. Some people choose soley on looks, and others are all function.

A lot depends on how you want to carry too. Pocket carry changes the ballgame completly, as holster carry gives a lot of options.

I prefer the shorter boot grips that come standard with the newer S&W's, it seems to be a good compromise.

If you want the slimmer old style, I'm sure you can find some around, those were the first things a lot of guys ditched when they bought a new snub.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yes. Its been settled . . .

When the gummint check comes in, Im getting a Ruger Sp101 2".

Compared to my Glock (30 oz loaded) or S&W M10 2" (34 oz loaded), its pretty light (27 oz loaded) and much smaller. I can't wait to get one.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

In 10 pages of snubbies, only one Charter Arms!

OK...guess I'll have to post a picture of my Bulldog...just as soon as I find out how to post pictures!

The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

S&W 442 w/rosewood grips from grips4guns.com. Sold my CTC LG-405's for the wood grips a couple months ago, and couldn't be happier!

Administrator
    That looks sharp Josh! Good move in dumping the laser too, you will be a better shooter in the long run.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Not mine, but an interesting snubbie I saw at S&W's website--.44 Mag weighing in at just 29 ounces.

"It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Not mine, but an interesting snubbie I saw at S&W's website--.44 Mag weighing in at just 29 ounces.

I bet that's a handful to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    S&W 442 w/rosewood grips from grips4guns.com. Sold my CTC LG-405's for the wood grips a couple months ago, and couldn't be happier!

Are those the Excaliber boot grips? I don't see the ones with the diamond and checkering like yours.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Cool S&W 19

I bought this for carry before I got the permit. It works, but I have pursued others that are lighter and smaller, including some autos. I will always appreciate the Model 19 though.
    Attached Images
    Semper Fi

I've always liked having the option of a small pocket gun for times when I don't feel like strapping on a full rig. Or (if I'm going near Detroit) a back up gun.

I've always used a P3AT for that. Mine has never once failed to feed or eject, and it's fairly accurate for such a tiny thing. I never did any fluff and buff. Well, two weeks ago I did my occasional grab the Kel Tec and dump a magazine of carry ammo. Right after the first shot the mag dropped, and I know darn well I didn't bump the release. I've not had it happen again, but it still un-nerved me.

So, I took a little extra money I had and picked up a 642. While I'm still waiting on my pocket holster it seems like it will carry very easily. I know it will be way more reliable than even a good example of the P3AT like I have, and a good .38 is a little bit better than .380

I've only shot it once so far, just 1 box. That thing has a lot more bite than I suspected, but after about 30 rounds of pretty bad shooting I was hitting the target fairly decently. It will take a lot more practice but I think I'm really going to love this snub!

Me, Taurus fan...
    I've carried the 85 Multi-Alloy (center) for 8 or 9 years, at least. Nice light weight revolver.

The Ruger SP101 (left) is new and is also being carried...not a pocket gun though (IWB or OWB). The 851 (right, also an Ultra-Lite) is also new. It'll replace the 85 as my pocket rocket. The shrouded hammer does work better for pocket carry, but I didn't want a DAO revolver.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Are those the Excaliber boot grips? I don't see the ones with the diamond and checkering like yours.
    That's affirmative. Not quite what they show in the picture, but I was still extremely happy with them!

Item 1711013 Details: grips4guns.com

Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links