The Superduper Snubbie thread - Page 81

The Superduper Snubbie thread

This is a discussion on The Superduper Snubbie thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn No pic, but y'all know what a Ruger LCR with CT Lasergrips looks like. .38 or .357? The .38 is manageable, ...

Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1485
Like Tree673Likes

Thread: The Superduper Snubbie thread

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    No pic, but y'all know what a Ruger LCR with CT Lasergrips looks like.
    .38 or .357? The .38 is manageable, the .357 is BRUTAL.

Here's one of my latest acquisitions, and my current EDC.

Charter Arms new-production .44 Bulldog Pug. With the small wood NOS grips, I forget I'm carrying it. Great little gun.

All I've done is some very light filing to knock down some sharp edges (front sight and back of trigger), and went over the gun with Flitz polish to change the bead blasted appearance to a very low (still mostly matte) shine.

I really like this gun!

bulldog_wood_grips.jpg bulldog 5.jpg bulldog4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post

Charter Arms new-production .44 Bulldog Pug. With the small wood NOS grips, I forget I'm carrying it. Great little gun.

All I've done is some very light filing to knock down some sharp edges (front sight and back of trigger), and went over the gun with Flitz polish to change the bead blasted appearance to a very low (still mostly matte) shine.

I really like this gun!

Nice
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post

I really like this gun!

Great looking gun. I been looking for a Pug but so far, no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lafayettela View Post
    Smith & Wesson 325PD

.45 ACP

I'll bet that's a nasty little gun to shoot. Here's a 360 PD in .357 magnum. I've since changed the grips.

001.JPG
    ccman likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    .38 or .357? The .38 is manageable, the .357 is BRUTAL.
    I got a .38. I saw no reason to get the .357. I run standard pressure 158 gr SWCs. Nice full caliber hole and good penetration, with manageable recoil.
    shooterX and ctr like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I got a .38. I saw no reason to get the .357. I run standard pressure 158 gr SWCs. Nice full caliber hole and good penetration, with manageable recoil.

Amen to that. I shoot for FUN, and shooting a hot .357 in a 11 ounce gun is NOT fun. I got my lightweight for it's lack of weight, PERFECT in an ankle holster.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Amen to that. I shoot for FUN, and shooting a hot .357 in a 11 ounce gun is NOT fun. I got my lightweight for it's lack of weight, PERFECT in an ankle holster.
    I agree with you. I've got other stuff that I shoot for fun. I only got the .357 for one reason, a lot of gun in a very light and concealable package. For that purpose, I think it's a good choice. For recreational shooting, there are a ton of guns that are better.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I'm still in love with my 642 in a Nemesis or Mika. I've carried it now for about 6 years, splitting time with an even bottom feeding XD, but often together. The 642's aluminum frame is showing some chararcter with holster wear, but that is comforting in and of itself. Great little tool.

I've enjoyed this thread for years...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I'm still carrying around my .38 LCR. Being winter time it sits in my pocket with a 9mm on the belt. I am thinking about adding a SP101 to the line-up. 3" with DA/SA capability.

7022505373_4b6e111e5e_c.jpg

Nothing beautiful, but it does it's job and it does it well.
    ccman likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    I'm still carrying around my .38 LCR. Being winter time it sits in my pocket with a 9mm on the belt. I am thinking about adding a SP101 to the line-up. 3" with DA/SA capability.

7022505373_4b6e111e5e_c.jpg

Nothing beautiful, but it does it's job and it does it well.

THAT'S the beauty of a wheelie. They don't to need to be flashy/fancy/bling bling they just ALWAYS work.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Some beautiful guns on here. I noticed alot of 3inchers , so if I may. Lousey picture I need to update.
    001.JPG
    blitzburgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    The last time I checked the Federal Nyclad are still available at my LGS, I will probably stock up, just in case. I was lucky enough to come by a handful of the original 158 grain Nyclad rounds and do carry them in my 642.
    Well... Nyclad ammo isn't something I would want launched in my direction by any means, but in the last, what, 30 years... .38 spl. Defense ammo has reeeeaaaallllly come quite a LONG way! May I recommend a box of .38 Spl +P Gold Dot SB, or (if available) Federal HST or Winchester Ranger for the little snub?
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Well... Nyclad ammo isn't something I would want launched in my direction by any means, but in the last, what, 30 years... .38 spl. Defense ammo has reeeeaaaallllly come quite a LONG way! May I recommend a box of .38 Spl +P Gold Dot SB, or (if available) Federal HST or Winchester Ranger for the little snub?
    The perp won't notice the difference in what the latest wonder cartridge was just used to put holes in his hide. The 38 Special has been putting bad guys down for a century. Don't discount the old loads just because they are old does not mean they can't still kill you. Just like a lot of old folks I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    The perp won't notice the difference in what the latest wonder cartridge was just used to put holes in his hide. The 38 Special has been putting bad guys down for a century. Don't discount the old loads just because they are old does not mean they can't still kill you. Just like a lot of old folks I know.
    That's what you will be hoping when you come face to face with the darkest evil, on the darkest day of your life! And you are armed with a five or six shot revolver and a 30-year old defense ammo design. It may work out for you. Or not.

You must not have read my post and understood it.

My point is that if you seek out ammunition to defend your life with at the darkest moment of your life, and you only have five or six rounds to do it with, it just makes sense to select the best available, rather than seek out an old school solution because it's "cool" that it happens to be from the same bygone era that the firearm design is from.

Some revolvers still have some sensible applications as a modern defense tool. My belief is that when employing a revolver (this includes all firearms) it makes sense to maximize the effectiveness of the tool. That's all.

When it comes to defending your life, choose whatever tools you wish... it's your life on the line, not mine.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Links