Defensive Carry banner

The Superduper Snubbie thread

658K views 2K replies 651 participants last post by  shooterX 
#1 · (Edited)
I got bit by the snub bug, and I've noticed others have recently too. Lets have a thread thats anything snubbie.

I think I'm going to try and get really good with my M36 this summer just because it sounds like a nice option for carry.

I want to see pictures, (esp. if you fancied yours up) and hear about your snubs... the pros, the cons everything. Smiths, Taurus, Rugers, Colts... whatever, they are all welcome here.

#850 ·
Say 3rik,
Not much into the lighter alloys' but that's a beautiful piece! My snub is at S&W collecting dust and waiting for 'bright polishing'.

Regards,
Dan

#855 ·
Honestly, this is my favorite thread on DC :yup:

I've really got a hankerin' for an SP101 to add :image035:

#861 ·
I'm not sure if I posted in here before.
S&W 360PD

Not pictured is the other bigger grip I use made by Pachmayr, and my ankle holster.

This is my favorite gun, absolutely love revolvers now. This gun is perfect in every way and easier to shoot then my Glock30.

I would be willing to trade this 4 month old gun for a S&W 351 with a hammer. Yours would have to be in perfect condition like mine though.
The reason is because I want to buy a full size 357 and a 351 airlite. That would make this gun obsolete.

#863 ·
Some of my favorite snubbies

#866 ·
Yes, those little Detectives are gems indeed. I liked them so much I had four of them at one time. Until a good friend of mine wanted to buy three of them for his family members... I relented... now I only have one... but that is fine... it's not going anywhere! ;)

The sleeper is the 640-1.... such a wonderful little powerhouse. With it's weight (and those awesome Pachmayr grips) it makes shooting .357 out of a pocket revolver actually a comfortable experience! Great pocket gun I will never give up.

#867 ·
Nice snubbie collection DHart and great photos too! Got to love it

#870 ·
I agree with DHart on the "sleeper" 640-1. I have one and I think it's about the ultimate J frame. Makes .38's seem like .22's and handles the .357 loads very very well. I also like it because it's a lot more compact then the Ruger SP101. The pinned front sights gives you options as far as front sights go. And did I mention the weight really absorbs recoil?

As a bonus, I bought mine over the internet and when I got it, I learned it had been worked on by a professional. I never knew what a gunsmith could do with a revolver but know I know. You can spin the cylinder and it just keeps going like it's riding an jeweled ball bearings. The action is soooo smooth and it locks up so tight. It's accurate and an absolute pleasure to shoot. Can't say enough about it.

i can pocket carry it in jeans or a coat but it's too heavy for me in dress pants.

That is a great collection DHart!!

Gideon

#872 · (Edited)
Does the 640 .357 ride in the same Holsters as a 642?

#874 ·
A heads up for those enamored of pretty wood grips. I put a set of rosewood grips on my 637 last year. (picture is of same grips on my 642) When I took the pistol out of my pocket to place it in COM safe (entering no-gun zone) my hands were wet (it was raining)and I dropped the pistol, twice (on two different days)!
I have since replaced the grips with the original S&W rubber grips. In the pic of the 637 you can see the nicks on top of the gun. It just worried me that the same might happen on a draw from the holster in an SD situation. Wood is pretty, but rubber means you have a good grip on your gun!