Defensive Carry banner

The Superduper Snubbie thread

658K views 2K replies 651 participants last post by  shooterX 
#1 · (Edited)
I got bit by the snub bug, and I've noticed others have recently too. Lets have a thread thats anything snubbie.

I think I'm going to try and get really good with my M36 this summer just because it sounds like a nice option for carry.

I want to see pictures, (esp. if you fancied yours up) and hear about your snubs... the pros, the cons everything. Smiths, Taurus, Rugers, Colts... whatever, they are all welcome here.

#1,459 ·
Recently purchased these John Morse SP101 grips after ending my search for the Trausch TJ101's.
A littly "wiggling" and shoving and the roll pin went in without any major issues. WOW! What natural
pointers, I'm very impressed! After 200 rounds of .38 Spl. +P and 158 grain full load .357's, these grips eased the recoil
and the muzzle came right back on target, consistently allowing all five rounds to be placed in a 3" circle at seven yards.
Concealment in an OWB Hayes holster is very good, as the grip tends to stay close to the body. No printing issues with a loose tee shirt. Inexpensive too, get the grip!

#1,463 ·
Here's my Detective Special purchased in 1993 or 1994. It was a wedding anniversary present from my wife. It's pretty much like new - beautiful finish and buttery smooth action. I haven't shot it much (150 rounds), but it does shoot nice. It makes me wish that I would have bought a Python years ago.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Product
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

#1,504 ·
Here's my Detective Special purchased in 1993 or 1994. It was a wedding anniversary present from my wife. It's pretty much like new - beautiful finish and buttery smooth action. I haven't shot it much (150 rounds), but it does shoot nice. It makes me wish that I would have bought a Python years ago.

View attachment 95539 View attachment 95540
The Third Gen Detective Specials I think are the most handsome because of the barrel shroud. I guess the real old timers will argue action smoothness etc.,but I'm sure your Colt is still smoother out of the box than many Smiths and Rugers that have been 'worked'. Anyway....nice Roscoe[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kilowatt3
#1,482 ·
Hello Buckeye,
I've been so busy with other stuff that I'm late in picking your brain on this thread....I would really like to hear your views on these different brands & configurations of snubs. They range from .380 to .44 Mag, with a wide variety of makers, sizes, shapes, weights, grips, etc.
I love Smiths, but have been pleased with a few Charter & Rossi guns, among others. At snubbie range, I point-shoot anyway, so reliability is king and precision is. . .a serf :) Not popular words with many here, I'm sure. I'm interested mostly in concealability, carryability, (a word?), speed of presentation, reliability, minute-of-coffee cup at 30 feet. How do yours stack up?

#1,483 ·
A couple of Cobras. The nickel was my dad's that passed to me on his demise. The blue one was my first carry piece from the mid-70s.

#1,490 ·
I have spoken of age related hand pain and had sold my 637. Found out I couldn't live without one. Nothing like a j frame. This one followed me home.

Gun Revolver Starting pistol Trigger Airsoft gun

#1,491 ·
I have spoken of age related hand pain and had sold my 637. Found out I couldn't live without one. Nothing like a j frame. This one followed me home.

View attachment 99507
First of all, like the gun! Second, I noticed the arrangement of cartridges in your speed strip. Is this by design, or just how they wound up? Does it give you any advantage over having 5 in a row?

#1,496 ·
My wife hates revolvers of all stripes. Your mileage may vary...

On the bright side, since I carry revolvers, I don't have to worry about her making off with my carry gun because she "likes it better"...:danceban: