Defensive Carry banner

The Superduper Snubbie thread

658K views 2K replies 651 participants last post by  shooterX 
#1 · (Edited)
I got bit by the snub bug, and I've noticed others have recently too. Lets have a thread thats anything snubbie.

I think I'm going to try and get really good with my M36 this summer just because it sounds like a nice option for carry.

I want to see pictures, (esp. if you fancied yours up) and hear about your snubs... the pros, the cons everything. Smiths, Taurus, Rugers, Colts... whatever, they are all welcome here.

#2,110 ·
They do multiply. I had all the J frames I ever needed, and the wife had her 442 as well...YET, a slightly beat up bodyguard wanders into my LGS...yup, you guessed it, I didn't have one of THOSE.

#2,114 ·
Been carrying Pachmayr Compacs on every snub I could buy them for since the early 70s with a Charter Bulldog .44 and a Model 60 .38.

(I don't like the Compac Pro...it's shorter and less to grip, and the regular Compacs hide fine for me, and yet give me a great gripping surface.) I don't like the Gripper style at all, nor the newest styles...just the original Compac.

I've never had any troubles with them grabbing my clothes, and, while there's no free ride in .44 Spl or hot .38 Spl in a small frame gun, they do make recoil much more bearable, in my opinion. They're not usually hard to find...online. Stores don't often stock them, but I've picked up used ones within the last 8 years...they're worth the hunt!

The K frames and Speed Six models are still very concealable with them, and give the perfect balance/grip for me.

#2,120 ·
Watching Naked City seemed like a few carried their revolvers butt forward on the strong side. Think I saw that somewhere else too.

#2,125 ·
My teacher during penmanship class would walk around and smack my hand with a ruler for holding the pen left-handed. I told her after about the third time, she did it again and I was gonna smack HER...she relented. I think my writing got worse as a punishment to her. I've printed since high school...it's not much better. Wonder if we can get us a crazy-eyed lawyer to get us a CHECK on that deal?