32acp

This is a discussion on 32acp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a "32" thats a 75gr. Hard-Cast FN @ 1150 fps 220 ft. lbs. From Buffalo Bore's wesite: This 32 ACP+P ammo will better all ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 32acp

Sponsor
    Here's a "32" thats a 75gr. Hard-Cast FN @ 1150 fps 220 ft. lbs.

From Buffalo Bore's wesite:

This 32 ACP+P ammo will better all American made 32 ACP+P ammo by 110 fps to 150 fps with a heavier bullet than any other American made 32 ACP ammo.

1. Item 30A/20 is a 75gr. HARD cast bullet with a flat nose. It is traveling over 1,000 fps out of my 3.4 inch Beretta Mod. 70. We’ve used a flash suppressed powder so that you won’t be blinded by your own gunfire in the dark. This is significant as well over 90% of all civilian shootings in America occur in low light when the criminal element is out and about. Also, this flat nosed, nonexpanding, hard cast, bullet will penetrate deeply and will do much more damage than the typical round nosed FMJ bullet. Round nosed bullets tend to slip and slide through living tissue, doing little damage as opposed to a flat nosed bullet. The flat nose not only wounds much more than a round nosed bullet, but it actually keeps the penetration straight and thus deeper. Notice the below velocities from my personal 32 ACP pistols. These are real world guns and thus the speeds are realistic and not the exaggerated speeds you’ll see produced from laboratory test barrels. What you see with Buffalo Bore Ammo advertising, is truly what you get in the “real world” where it matters. You can expect 20+ inches of straight line penetration in flesh and bone with this load. If you are worried about over –penetration with this load, DON’T! You chose to carry a tiny under-powered 32 ACP pistol and the trade off is that now you are going to have to stay alive using this pistol and over-penetration will be the least of your worries if you end up needing this gun to save yourself or your family.

A. Berretta Mod. 70, 3 inch bbl.— 1001 fps

B. Kel Tek, 2.5 inch bbl—910 fps

C. Seecamp, 2 inch bbl.—856 fps

The above bullet speeds are 110 fps to 150 fps faster than the Winchester 71 gr. FMJ ammo on the American market. Not only is our bullet heavier than any other American made 32 ACP ammo, but it is moving about 15% to 20% faster—with that heavier bullet!

In 380-, the BB loads are pretty impressive as well [ 280 fpe from a 100 grain Hard cast bullet ]. I'll be ordering the buffalo bore 32 and 380's shortly. I already have ordered their heavy hitters in 357 and 45 long colt [ for the Alaskan ].

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspring View Post
    Ok, I can live with the OAL theory. Makes sense. But I don't think that you can say that all brands of FMJ are seated the same so as to negate the rimlock risk. I think that you just have to find a round that works...FMJ or not.
    I've been on mousegun forums for over 6 years, and have never heard of rimlock when using FMJ. That does not mean it could not happen, in theory...

The 32ACP works well for what it is. A small but powerful round that can be used in a very small platform.

(In general) I do not recall anyone saying it is the best caliber for a pistol, just a good choice for the platform that it suits itself to.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Wow, those tests were pretty interesting and it Seems like the .32 might be good enough.

Does anyone have any pics comparing the P3AT to the Guardian .32?? I am curious as to the size difference.

The .32 H&R Magnum is, indeed, a different animal. I have a 6 round S&W 431PD in this caliber. Now I'm looking toward the new .327 Magnum as my next purchase.

I own 9's and .45's but I like the .32 H&R Magnum a lot because of its ballistics, its manageable recoil, and the fact it can carry 6 rounds versus 5.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    Wow, those tests were pretty interesting and it Seems like the .32 might be good enough.

Does anyone have any pics comparing the P3AT to the Guardian .32?? I am curious as to the size difference.
    http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.jpg

That's the only thing I know of. Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I don't own either of those pistols, so that's what I got to help.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Ive seen that before, thanks. I was hoping someone who owns both might be able to post a pic or had taken one before.

*Sarcasm*

The .32 can't do nothing (I wish I had a .32 . . . nifty little gun ).
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

Sorry about the long winded post earlier and not saying anything to really answer your question. A .32 is fine as I don't believe there is that much difference between it and the .380.

I'm a proud owner of a NAA Guardian 32acp and love it! I bought it because I KNEW I would carry it, unlike many of my other handguns. It is well made, sweet to shoot, easy to clean, and ammo is abundant.

I live in hot Florida and needed something I truly could just throw in my shorts pocket. By the way, it took me over a year to find one, and then it was a trade in at my local shop.

I just bought my petite daughter a S&W Model 317 AirWeight to throw in her purse. She has shot all of my 25+ handguns and only felt comfortable with the 22LR, and the revolver-style simplicity. She gets 8 shots at the BG, and I get some peace of mind knowing she has protection.

My best friend lives up near Seattle and swears by his Walther PPS. Lightweight, thin, and reliable - slips easily in his IWB and he states that he forgets he has it on.

Finally, my brother lives in Valdez, Alaska where he works for the Coast Guard. He loves to go panning for gold up in the mountains. He never leaves the house without his Ruger Redhawk 44mag strapped up against his torso in a shoulder rig. That's how he gets HIS peace of mind.

In other words, all of us are different. We all live in different states with different laws, different climates, different inherent dangers. We have different body styles, strengths, weaknesses, and preferences. And thank God for it!

What works for me probably won't for you. Thankfully, there are 100s of guns out there for us to choose from. The point is: Choose ONE, get proficient with it, and then CARRY IT!

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by benderx4 View Post
    I'm a proud owner of a NAA Guardian 32acp and love it! I bought it because I KNEW I would carry it, unlike many of my other handguns. It is well made, sweet to shoot, easy to clean, and ammo is abundant.

I live in hot Florida and needed something I truly could just throw in my shorts pocket. By the way, it took me over a year to find one, and then it was a trade in at my local shop.

I just bought my petite daughter a S&W Model 317 AirWeight to throw in her purse. She has shot all of my 25+ handguns and only felt comfortable with the 22LR, and the revolver-style simplicity. She gets 8 shots at the BG, and I get some peace of mind knowing she has protection.

My best friend lives up near Seattle and swears by his Walther PPS. Lightweight, thin, and reliable - slips easily in his IWB and he states that he forgets he has it on.

Finally, my brother lives in Valdez, Alaska where he works for the Coast Guard. He loves to go panning for gold up in the mountains. He never leaves the house without his Ruger Redhawk 44mag strapped up against his torso in a shoulder rig. That's how he gets HIS peace of mind.

In other words, all of us are different. We all live in different states with different laws, different climates, different inherent dangers. We have different body styles, strengths, weaknesses, and preferences. And thank God for it!

What works for me probably won't for you. Thankfully, there are 100s of guns out there for us to choose from. The point is: Choose ONE, get proficient with it, and then CARRY IT!

Good Luck!
    Very eloquent post, my friend.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links