Limpwrist test for glock lovers!

This is a discussion on Limpwrist test for glock lovers! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone shoot that way, ever? It is interesting that he chose not to test any other DA only gun....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limpwrist test for glock lovers!

Does anyone shoot that way, ever? It is interesting that he chose not to test any other DA only gun.

2. Remove Ads

Wanna know what I see wrong with that video? Be sure of your target and backstop. Where is this person aiming? Not good and I'll deem that person a total goober and careless at best. Dangerous and negligent may also be some descriptive words. Being the intelligent person that I am, I also know that it's rather easy to change recoil spring power in any semi-auto pistol, and ammunition can also be used in different power levels. We don't find any details here.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I didn't think they where bashing Glocks

I can make any gun malfunction if I try too.

Plus we don't know if all of the pistols had standard recoil springs, worn springs are heavy duty springs.
    Agreed. This is extreme test as almost anyone who has to use a firearm for its intended purpose would not likely have to fire it this way. But ya never know. I carry a G23 as my primary and even though have fired it quite a few different ways, lol, I have never tried shooting it like that.

I do like watching videos like this to let me know what NOT to do...so the video is informative in that aspect.

VIP Member
    I do like watching videos like this to let me know what NOT to do...so the video is informative in that aspect.
    If you needed this video to tell you not to shoot like that...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I don't think this was meant to be a Glock bash. But it does show that SEVERE limp wristing can cause some pistols to fail. But the emphasis is on severe - all of them worked fine with a one-handed hip shot. IMHO this shows that limp-wristing is not a major factor in pistol jamming - its an excuse.

Administrator
    For sure I don't think the shooter wanted to bash any make or model of firearm.

He just wanted to prove a point concerning limp wristing using the most extreme example of a totally limp wrist.

Really what he proved is that even though not all firearms will malf (all the time) with a limp wrist ~ it's more likely to happen.

Semi-autos will have "slide return energy" eaten up and wasted by shooting with a loose grip and a limp wrist.

Just my personal opinion that ALL semi-automatic pistols used for the purpose of Self-Defense should always be shot with a very firm grip and a locked wrist in order to maximize slide return energy.

Addition: The Glock 17 could probably have used a fresh recoil spring and I'm betting it would have performed better.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

kpw
    I didn't take it as Glock bashing. It just seemed like an odd thing to do with a pistol.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    ...Dangerous and negligent may also be some descriptive words.
    Looks like a good way to shoot yourself in the face too. Hang your gun on your trigger finger and allow the muzzle to twist upward after each shot.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Glock 19

I have tried on different trips to the range to get my Glock to fail by limp wristing it. With WWB 115 GR Luger ammo, I can't period. No matter what I did to try and make it malfunction I could not. I would like to know what kind of ammo this guy used.

One can also anticipate the shot as the primary trigger puller. Simply move your hand to the rear at the instant you pull the trigger. Mere trickery more than likely. Our eyes deceive us sometimes--just like our fellow human beings. We're smarter than that surely.

I don't limp wrist and I have probably over 15,000 rounds between my G19 and my G23 with ZERO malfunctions.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the difference in actions. The H&K and Smith are both DA/SA. Does it take less force to cock the hammer on the H&K than to set the action on the Glock? That was interesting. Somthing to consider for weak wristed shooters huh? I wonder if the issue is compounded with the smaller glocks due to less slide mass.

Though I'd like to see the test done of weapons with similar actions like a Taurus 24/7 or XD or Styer M9/M40-A1.
    Interesting idea i would like to know this also & maybe try it with
    a M&P as they are very much like a Glock....

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Wanna know what I see wrong with that video? Be sure of your target and backstop.
    I was thinking the same thing!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Bline
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the difference in actions. The H&K and Smith are both DA/SA. Does it take less force to cock the hammer on the H&K than to set the action on the Glock? That was interesting. Somthing to consider for weak wristed shooters huh? I wonder if the issue is compounded with the smaller glocks due to less slide mass.
    The USP is 1/2 lb. heavier than the G17 and the 5906 is a full pound heavier. I would imagine that the difference in performance is based more on the weights of the different weapons than their action type.

The only thing this really "proves" is that you should be hanging on to your pistol if you don't want problems.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    My Ruger P95 has never failed to eject or failed to feed in my hands. I can't seem to make it. However, I was teaching a new shooter and she couldn't get it to not fail to eject. It left an empty piece of brass in the pipe every time.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links