Limpwrist test for glock lovers!

This is a discussion on Limpwrist test for glock lovers! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow that was interesting. Thanks for postin that. Do most Glock-17 do that? Not trying to affend anyone at all. I was just wondering? Sorry ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limpwrist test for glock lovers!

Wow that was interesting. Thanks for postin that. Do most Glock-17 do that? Not trying to affend anyone at all. I was just wondering? Sorry if I did.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STITCH View Post
    Wow that was interesting. Thanks for postin that. Do most Glock-17 do that? Not trying to affend anyone at all. I was just wondering? Sorry if I did.
    This is like saying watch me hammer this nail with the handle of the hammer. Sure, you're using the same tool, but not correctly... doesn't prove anything. The g17 is a fine gun, and while I may suck at shooting it (Getting better) it will never malfunction like this ulness you

A. hold it like a goon
    B. Severley neglect/abuse the thing. (100,000+ rnds and drag it rhough mud without cleaning it)

All thing mechanical have the potential to fail because they were created by humans.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Ok that is cool. All I was wondering and should have mentioned it(sorry I didnt) was if it was the ammo or if it was something that happened with g17. but since you said that you put 100,000 rnds and dragged it through the mud without cleanin it. Sounds like a good gun to me.

Not enough details of test to make any kind of real conclusion.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    That people will really go out of their way to bash Glock.

I have a test - I'm going to leave the safety on my 1911 and pull the trigger. I bet it won't fire, so then I'll blame the system, instead of just taking the safety off like I'm supposed too... Same idea - don't limp-wrist = no problems...

I totally agree.

My thoughts are; a Glock was not designed to be shot by some limp wrist sissy boy.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    I totally agree.

My thoughts are; a Glock was not designed to be shot by some limp wrist sissy boy.

There you have it. If you have a limp wrist, don't buy a glock. Brings to mind that timeless quote from the movie U.S. Marshalls, "Get rid of that nickle-plated sissy pistol and get yourself a glock!"
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

What I love about the Internet. Anything can be justified and explained away.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...I wonder.

If this was not "Glock bashing", why is the thread title "Limpwrist test for Glock lovers!" instead of simply "Limpwrist test"....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I think it should be obvious that the intent of this thread is to bash Glock. Limp wrist test for Glock lovers? Please.

Maybe Glock should recall all 8,000,000 pistols that they've sold worldwide, since there is a slight chance that someone who was born with no wrist might purchase one and not be able to use it properly.

The moron in the video was doing something INCREDIBLY unsafe. What would it take for the gun to slip a little bit and his finger to trip the trigger while the muzzle is pointing at his chin? Especially with the guns firing in SA mode.

The only thing that the video proves is that some idiots will even risk their lives to bash a certain make of pistol that they don't like.

Unbelievable.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm...I wonder.

If this was not "Glock bashing", why is the thread title "Limpwrist test for Glock lovers!" instead of simply "Limpwrist test"....
    To get all the Glock guys hackles up... and I'd say he did a fine job. I still love my G23 though, even if I can't shoot it with a limp wrist.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

If a gun has issues with limp wristing would it have the same issues if shot stright up in the air but with writst control??? Obviously I know you shouldn't shoot up into the air, what goes up must come down and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    To get all the Glock guys hackles up... and I'd say he did a fine job. I still love my G23 though, even if I can't shoot it with a limp wrist.
    It worked 2 the test when I found it was labeled Glock vs H&K vs S&W, I thought this title would get a more spirited response
    Glock fans more then any other are willing to go to the mat!
    I owned a 22 and a 26 and you can find them on duty all over the world!
    No doubt they are great guns with some die hard fans!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    If a gun has issues with limp wristing would it have the same issues if shot stright up in the air but with writst control??? Obviously I know you shouldn't shoot up into the air, what goes up must come down and all that stuff.
    So, if i understand your question correctly,

No,

If you point your gun upright, gravity will have slightly more force pulling the slide downward. The slide is relatively light compared to the heavy recoil springs and forces involved so nothing much different will happen.

The system works off of newtons law of motion where for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. When firing, the bullet moves forward with a given momentum. The Barrel moves backward and the slide, gun, and your whole body move backward with the same momentum. With a tight grip and locked wrist, your heavy body prevents the gun from moving backward and forces the momentum to compress the recoil spring. (that is good).
    If you limp wrist, you allow the frame of the gun to move rearward and less energy is transfered to compressing the recoil spring. The result: incomplete feeding. The energy goes into accelerating the gun backwards and is eventually (slowly) dissipated in you.

this is gravity independent.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Administrator
    I dont know if its been said before, but I promise I can get any auto loader to do the same no matter the brand. I will say that Glocks do seem to be a little more subject to limp wristing... just be a man about things and you will be OK.
    "Just blame Sixto"

This idiot is lucky not to have shot himself in the face
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links