Need some help

This is a discussion on Need some help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so I just bought my Taurus 1911, I have no problems with this gun at all. Except one thing, the sights. They are the ...

Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Ok so I just bought my Taurus 1911, I have no problems with this gun at all. Except one thing, the sights. They are the 2 dot sights, which I do not like. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any 3 dot iron sights for this 1911. I have looked on google and saw some sights called nitesiters. Does anyone know anything about these sights?? Would they fit on this 1911? reliable? easy to install or just said to for more business?? Thank you all for the help anything is good!! Thanks alot

~Stitch
    Last edited by STITCH; March 28th, 2008 at 12:44 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Never heard of nitesiters.

Look for a set of 10-8 sites. I like them because you can use the rear sight to work the slide on your belt or heel if need be. Other good choices are the Novak low mount and several of the Trijicon offerings.

I've also seen some custom (real) gold bead front sights that are reasonably priced and look way, way cool.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Looking at their web site, these "sights" appear to be decals. The glow in the dark material appears to be one that you have to put under light to "charge".

While they may glow brighter than tritium initially, personally I think it is impractical for CCW. Your firearm is going to be covered and as a result, the material will not be charged if you need to draw.

This is going to leave you with dull, off-white sights that are probably going to fall off after a while (if not immediately).

If you can't afford a full new sight set, there are a number of high quality, bright, paints that you could use to re-do your existing sights.

-john

Edit: I just searched for pictures of the PT1911 and found a few. If this is indeed what your sights look like, I highly doubt the decals are going to stick to the rear in any location other than where the current 'dot' is located due to the ribbing.

The upside is you can probably get away with just replacing your rear sight.

looking at the website it looks like they applied the rear decal off center on the P32, oops.

Check out the forums at both TaurusArmed.net and M1911.org
    You'll find lot's of info on accessories for the PT1911 including replacement sights
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

VIP Member
    I hated the Heine straight 8 sights on the PT1911. Sent the slide to MMC to have standard 3 dot night sights installed. While I have used PT sites before and like them I will not send another slide off to MMC for installation. Called to check after 3 weeks, was told they had just finished with it. and would be shipped to following monday (this was on a friday). Two weeks later still no slide. Phones going to answering machine and calls not being returned. While the sights might be nice, their service sucks!

Not MY preference, but might work for someone else...whatever works for the individual!

Stay armed...practice...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Archer,
    There have been a numerous reports of MMC's service hitting the toilet lately, which is a shame cause most people who've used the sights like them and in the past they were reported to have done a great job with customer service and turn around times.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Links