Defensive Carry banner

Picked me up a Glock 21 SF today

6K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  dan5505 
#1 ·
I've been breaking in my Safariland 070 with the 21 SF today. Hopefully I can shoot it tomorrow and qualify with it on Tuesday so I can use it on duty.

We'll see how it shoots.

#4 ·
I have one, I can guarantee you won't regret getting it. Did you get the pic real or the glock rail ?

#6 ·
congrats on the purchase of the 21SF ....

I have the 21SF with the Pic rail ... this gun is pretty nice .. but I have yet to put as many rounds thru it as I have put thru my H&K USP .45 ( btw I got that one in 1997 ) ...

but I am very impressed with the 21SF ... I think you will love it ...

#7 ·
21SF

When I saw this "shiny bit of kit" in the display case at my favorite gear-joint, I told the sales rep. to box it up. No test drive needed. Been carrying a 19Charlie for years and I had no reservations about spending money on another Glock. I've been looking to add stopping power to my daily carry, my hands are smaller than average and the price on this weapon was right. ($490, should anyone be looking for one at this price, I'll direct you to the shop.)

The picatinny rail is one of those things in life that I don't really need, so I justified the purchase because it's one of those thing's in life that's just really cool to have!

Had some trouble finding a holster, this thing is too new for the market and mass-produced rigs don't seem to be readily available. The rail drops a bit lower than the standard 21 and nothing advertised for that Glock will work for the 21SF. I did find a decent bargain at Comp-Tac , this rig is 21SF specific and works great for off-duty carry. I'm still waiting for the big boys to produce the duty rigs.

Did have to show credentials to purchase the 21SF. Not sure if that is standard across the country, but in VA this piece is LE/Military purchase only. Two customers in the shop with me were denied purchase because of this stipulation and their disappointment was evident. Bitter-Sweet: I support average, law-abiding citizens having access to great kit, but I also like knowing that all those years down-range and on-the-trail provide me with opportunities to get exclusive, shiny-thing's. In my case, being a shooter won't get me a cup of coffee, but it got me a 21SF.

No rounds fired, yet. Will post on that when the range is clear.

#12 ·
Hate to burst your bubble!

I have had my G21 SF for going on a year now. Had one of the first ones that came into our shop in Northern VA.

The G21 SF has never been sold in VA as a restricted gun to LE/Military, infact I can't think of one semi-auto pistol that has been titled LE/Military only unless its got a f/a Switch.

You paid $490 for the G21 SF Brand new? I'm guessing you did it through quantico arms which was one of the only LE/Military Glock dealers in the NOVA area. Which sold Glocks at a very good discount to LE/MILITARY active or retired.

I have a feeling the sales guy denied them purchasing a G21 SF for the $490 price because that price is restricted to LE/Military Actrive or retired or members of GSSF (Glock Shooting Sports Foundation); however, they definetly could have sold them a G21 SF with the 13 round magazines no problem for the regular sales price. Blue Ridge Sells them for $579. IIRC

Did have to show credentials to purchase the 21SF. Not sure if that is standard across the country, but in VA this piece is LE/Military purchase only. Two customers in the shop with me were denied purchase because of this stipulation and their disappointment was evident. Bitter-Sweet: I support average, law-abiding citizens having access to great kit, but I also like knowing that all those years down-range and on-the-trail provide me with opportunities to get exclusive, shiny-thing's. In my case, being a shooter won't get me a cup of coffee, but it got me a 21SF.

#9 ·
Yup, that'll make one fine duty weapon! :hand10: Congratulations.

#10 ·
I will be picking up a Glock 21SF in the near future. I held one at my local gun store, and it felt REALLY good, especially for a Glock! The only think I didn't like was the ambi mag release. I can see it rubbing the middle finger of my shooting hand on the right side of the pistol. (I'm right handed)

Glock will be shipping the 21SF with the standard mag release (not ambi) and the regular Glock rail soon, and that's the one I want. The one I looked at had the Glock rail, but the ambi safety. The guy at the gun store told me that the SF's with the regular mag release will take both old and new Glock mags, which is cool. The ones with the ambi release will only take the new mags, although an older non-SF 21 will take old or new mags.

#16 ·
SF stands for short frame. It is slightly reduced in the grip, front to back. It's still the same width, to handle the 13 round mags. Makes for a little shorter reach to the trigger. Also, the current 21SF's can be had with a picatinny rail and ambidextrous mag release button.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.