Ok, Anyone with a Kahr PM9...need help!

This is a discussion on Ok, Anyone with a Kahr PM9...need help! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so I bought a new Kahr PM9 and love the gun. Broke it in with no failures-over 300 rounds !The gun feeds fine using ...

Thread: Ok, Anyone with a Kahr PM9...need help!

Question Ok, Anyone with a Kahr PM9...need help!

Ok, so I bought a new Kahr PM9 and love the gun. Broke it in with no failures-over 300 rounds !The gun feeds fine using only the rounds in the magazine, but when add +1 the first round in the magazine nosedives into the feed ramp. When I have one chambered and remove one from the mag it works fine. Are the mag springs just not broken in? Also is the ejector supposed to be razor sharp?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I've had my PM9 since they first came out... I love mine too.
    I'm not sure I'm following you though...

You are taking a full magazine, racking one in the chamber, then removing the mag to add your "Barney bullet"... I'm not sure where one could go wrong when doing it this way, unless I'm misunderstanding the problem.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've had my PM9 since they first came out... I love mine too.
    I'm not sure I'm following you though...

You are taking a full magazine, racking one in the chamber, then removing the mag to add your "Barney bullet"... I'm not sure where one could go wrong when doing it this way, unless I'm misunderstanding the problem.
    Thats what I'm doing (one in chamber and replace one in mag) and the first round in magazine nosedives. If I were to just shoot the gun without adding 1 to the mag it runs fine. If I rack one in the chamber, then remove one from the mag (just to test it), it also runs fine... So to recap, it shoots fine if I load the magazine-rack and shoot.... but when I add one extra after racking it jams..

Administrator
    Hmm. Does it do it with both mags? Does the follower look chewed up at all? Does it do it with all ammo, or just one brand?

Once in awhile I wont push the ammo in the mag lips enough, but its obvious before I put the mag in the gun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

All ammo both mags! I think maybe the springs are too stiff..

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by skystud1 View Post
    All ammo both mags! I think maybe the springs are too stiff..
    Could be, but I'd think they would be GTG after a few hundred rounds. That shouldnt make a difference anyway with the problem you has described.

Let me ponder this for a minute; I'm sure its a simple thing we are overlooking.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Darn thing won't feed a full mag when starting with one in the pipe! Less than full yes, but topped off.........nope.

I have a friend who is going through the same issues with his Keltec PF9. KT told him it was his follower and sent him a new one.

With my PM9 I had issues with the ejector and Kahr was very easy to work with and got the issues solved quick. Sorry to hear that your having issues. I was upset when mine got sick, love the gun.

Give us an update as you work it out.

I just looked at mine, what part of the ejector is razor sharp? Mine has an edge around it but I would not say its sharp. Of course mines had some smithing and tuning done on it by Kahr.
    Last edited by ChuglyXJ; March 28th, 2008 at 10:51 PM. Reason: went to look at my PM9

I'm going to load mags and let springs relax... I think they might just be too stiff....

Darn thing won't feed a full mag when starting with one in the pipe! Less than full yes, but topped off.........nope.
    Have you tried loading that first round with the slide release rather than racking it in? That fixes it for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Road_King View Post
    Have you tried loading that first round with the slide release rather than racking it in? That fixes it for some.
    Yup slide stop to load first round. Remove mag, replace round and mag. Pull trigger..............nosedive

Yup slide stop to load first round. Remove mag, replace round and mag. Pull trigger..............nosedive
    Darn, I guess I would send it to Kahr - mine works ok with the +1 configuration, but sometimes I don't do it. My wife carries the PM9 with the extended mag so it is not that big of deal. I carry my MK9 and I trust it completely +1!

Good luck - take care.

I have a new PM45. I just finished the suggested 200 round break in. I charge the pistol with the slide stop, drop the mag and load the plus one round. I've had no problems with this method. I'm no gunsmith by any means, but it seems to me the mag springs may need a little more break in.
    Randy

Links