Any Reason Not To Get a .32 Seecamp?

This is a discussion on Any Reason Not To Get a .32 Seecamp? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just saw one today that might happen. Figured I'd do some research first. Thanks....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Reason Not To Get a .32 Seecamp?

Any Reason Not To Get a .32 Seecamp?

Just saw one today that might happen. Figured I'd do some research first.
    Thanks.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

2. Remove Ads

You mean any other reasons besides the obvious?

No, lol.

Seriously tho, if its all you can carry, its better than just your fists, sorta :)

If you must, id take a look the NAA .32 and some Corbon loads.

60g, 200ft/lbs @ 1200fps
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

I had one and could not keep it running.

As I understand it this pistol was design around the Winchester Silvertip if I recall correctly. Winchester changed specs on the bullet and owning a Seecamp 32 was an adventure in finding a round that would cycle reliably though it. Could not make it work and did not send it back to Seecamp due to hassle etc... Too much baggage for the novelty and allure of the piece.

I traded it back to the gun shop.

Get a S&W 442 or 642 in 38 Special +P. I have a Keltec P32 but I do not carry it as I can conceal a j frame quite well.

Satch

Satch
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

I have two seecamp 32's and one 380. All run perfect. I use golddots. They are awsome guns that are as small as it gets. When you have a seecamp, you never have a reason not to have a gun with you. I can't say enough good things about them. You can find tons of info at the seecamp forum.
    Corey

The main reason for not getting a Seecamp .32 is now you can get one in .380.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Go over to the Seecamp Forum - those guys can answer all your questions.

There's a wealth of information and Larry Seecamp himself is available for questions. A lot of the guys on the forum have a variety of pocket pistols and can give you a better first hand comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ccoorreeyy View Post
    I have two seecamp 32's and one 380. All run perfect. I use golddots. They are awsome guns that are as small as it gets. When you have a seecamp, you never have a reason not to have a gun with you. I can't say enough good things about them. You can find tons of info at the seecamp forum.
    Corey
    Which one do you carry more often and why?
    How does the recoil between the 2 compare?
    Do you believe there is a big difference in terms of self defense between the 2 calibers?

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    If you want a pocket pistol the seecamp IMHO is the best made, most reliable one made. The Guardian is close. I've had my Seecamp for many years and it has always delivered. The ammo thing is passe...my Seecamp will fire any 60gr HP .32 made today, and that's quite a few.

.32 Seecamp

Look at RBCD Performance Plus Inc. 877-688-5985. They have a .32 just for the .32 Seecamp,length wise. It pushes a 37gr bullet 1815 fps. The .380 is a .45 gr bullet at 1500 fps.Several LEO's in my area that carry a .32 backup use the RBCD .32 and swear by it.

I carry my 380 the most but I don't have a good reason other than it's cooler. Larry Seecamp carries the 32 so that has to say somthing! All the charts and stats say the 32 and 380 are tit for tat out of a barrel that short. I guess if I were to buy just one it would be the 32 because you can buy it for half the cost of the 380's.
    Corey

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    ALS,

I have one and it has been 100% reliable. You should not be disappointed with it as long as you are realistic about your expectations. Not an IDPA gun here. There is no reason not to get one. However, if you should choose not to purchase the one that you have just seen, could you shoot me a PM with its location? I have a friend who is looking to make an immediate purchase of one.

Thanks,

KD
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

.32 Seecamp -Superb!!

Clearly, heads and shoulders above anything else for ultimate light pocket carry -summer shorts or casual business attire. it is with me every day. Easy to slip in front pocket when I stop for coffee or gas. Ballastics out of this barrel length are not terrific - you carry this when a bigger ( Chief's special) will not work. If I have a untucked shirt or light jacket, then it is a Walther PPS. Most all high quality .32 shoot fine - use Gold dot.
    High Noon pocket holsters are always in stock and are as good as any, I mean, any custom pocket holster on the market.
    No comparison to Keltec for overall quality.
    This is part of my final four - S&W 442, Colt Officers, Walther PPS, .32 Seecamp. 30 years of carry - you have no idea how many guns I have gone through to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by dwyermw View Post
    Clearly, heads and shoulders above anything else for ultimate light pocket carry -summer shorts or casual business attire. it is with me every day. Easy to slip in front pocket when I stop for coffee or gas. Ballastics out of this barrel length are not terrific - you carry this when a bigger ( Chief's special) will not work. If I have a untucked shirt or light jacket, then it is a Walther PPS. Most all high quality .32 shoot fine - use Gold dot.
    High Noon pocket holsters are always in stock and are as good as any, I mean, any custom pocket holster on the market.
    No comparison to Keltec for overall quality.
    This is part of my final four - S&W 442, Colt Officers, Walther PPS, .32 Seecamp. 30 years of carry - you have no idea how many guns I have gone through to get it right.
    Did you ever try the seecamp .380?? if so how did it compare??

The only reason I can think of to not get the .32 would be becuase of the .380 at the same size and weight but form what I read, recoil seems to be a real issue.

Nope. Extremely well made, reliable and so convenient that you will carry it, even when you might be tempted to leave something else at home.

You won't regret it if you don't expect it to do something that it wasn't intended to do.

Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but the Seecamp .32 CA Edition I purchased some months ago is NOT reliable. It fails to feed occasionally, with the nose of the round jamming into the upper entrance of the chamber.

There was a thread late last year, I think, over on the Seecamp forum posted by someone experiencing the exact same problem as mine. That poster included pictures of the jams in addition to very clear verbal descriptions. I just tried to search for the thread with no success; I'll try harder later and post the link if I can.

Anyway, when I saw that thread, I thought, "This is good, now I'll just follow the course of this thread and when Larry Seecamp discovers the thread and chimes in with the quick fix, I'll know what to do to make mine reliable. Easy!"

Well, no such luck. Larry Seecamp did indeed post in that thread. But, to my utter shock, he didn't say, "Oh, yeah, yeah, that's due to a faulty X, Y or Z", or "Just send it in to the factory and we'll get it reliable in no time" or anything of the sort. As I recall (and when I find the thread, I'll check my facts - at the time, I followed the thread for several days until it seemed to have died, but maybe it got resurrected later on), he simply said that it sounded like a "timing issue", and chatted about several other generalities, and that was pretty much it. I had to read everything twice to make sure I hadn't missed the "miracle fix" that I had been sure would be forthcoming.

Needless to say, I was really demoralized. Prior to getting the Seecamp, I had heard nothing but glowing reviews of it. Excellent reliability was nearly always mentioned in connection with the Seecamp. "And," said the rave reviewers, "if anything isn't right, Seecamp will make it so. Just send it to them."

Well, it is true that I haven't send them the gun, but only because the head of the company apparently wasn't able to offer any relief to the other person who was having the same problem as I am. If Seecamp couldn't tell that poster on the company forum what to do to fix the gun, or at least say that it knew what the problem was and could remedy it if the person sent the gun to them, then it seems that there isn't much use in my sending mine to them until I have reason to believe that they can do something about it.

For anyone who's interested,

YES, I am using new manufacture Gold Dots. The jams have occurred with rounds from different lots. I have checked the ammunition for consistency. It is NOT the ammunition's fault.

NO, I am not limp-wristing (not that that is likely to cause the problem I described). I have very strong hands and grab that little sucker in a death grip. That has to be enough; if it weren't, the gun would be worthless for the many elderly or female shooters who can only grip with less force. I know of a number of elderly shooters who report perfect satisfaction with their Seecamp .32s.

I'll try to dig up that link later on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links