What is an XD40 Worth?

What is an XD40 Worth?

This is a discussion on What is an XD40 Worth? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about selling my Springfield XD40 to get a subcompact. I have the 4" barrel & have put about 100 rounds through it. ...

Thread: What is an XD40 Worth?

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar

What is an XD40 Worth?

I am thinking about selling my Springfield XD40 to get a subcompact. I have the 4" barrel & have put about 100 rounds through it. I have all the "XD Gear" that came with it.

Any ideas?

Administrator
    Used XD's are a dime a dozen... Depending on your area and the market there, I'd guess about $350 would be the max unless you get lucky.
    "Just blame Sixto"

:< That's what I figured! Guess it could be my "house" gun that my wife can learn to shoot so if I am not there, she's good to go.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by McPatrickClan View Post
    :< That's what I figured! Guess it could be my "house" gun that my wife can learn to shoot so if I am not there, she's good to go.

I'd keep it, unless you have a buyer willing to pay a premium. Add what you lose on your current gun to the purchase price of the new one, and you have one expensive gun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Good advice, thanks.

By the way Sixto, the gun I am thinking about buying is a Springfield XD9 subcompact. It's in great shape & the guy selling it wants a Glock, so he's selling his XD9sc. It's a bi-tone (what I wish I had bought), comes w/three extra magazines, an OWB custom-made leather holster & a Laredo Defender IWB holster. He's asking $400. Assuming it's in good shape, is that a fair price?

I tried to send a PM to you but it was disabled.

By the way, I was interested in the 9mm for cheaper ammo & a better starter caliber. Also I like the sub-compact since it is smaller.

McPatrick, you could always try for an even trade. Used XD's are a dime a dozen, but another used XD should be comparable value to your current used XD. You could also try going to a gun show and trading. The Will Rogers is today and that's pretty close to your area. The best price I have ever seen on a used XD was 350 at a gun show...they generally sell for 375-450. I would think most dealers would be happy to swap a 4" for a SC...it couldn't hurt to try.

edited to add: 400 for a bitone XD9sc alone in good condition is an okay deal. Not great, not horrible. It's about average.

If you like and will use the holsters, and he isn't charging you extra for them, than it could be a great deal. Almost to the point of being too good to be true.
    If you won't be using his holster than you could probably do better at the gunshow.
    Last edited by Kerbouchard; March 29th, 2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: add info
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Keep the 40. If we get another hi-cap ban after the election, it may be worth quite a bit more than today. Also never know when one little spring will roll of the cleaning bench just as you're closing the drawer and --- oops, time to get a new spring ... where's my BUG?

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McPatrickClan View Post
    By the way Sixto, the gun I am thinking about buying is a Springfield XD9 subcompact. It's in great shape & the guy selling it wants a Glock, so he's selling his XD9sc. It's a bi-tone (what I wish I had bought), comes w/three extra magazines, an OWB custom-made leather holster & a Laredo Defender IWB holster. He's asking $400. Assuming it's in good shape, is that a fair price?

I tried to send a PM to you but it was disabled.
    I think it's a pretty good deal. It was a little high, I would have said about $350, same as your XD40, but the two holsters and 4 mags make it worth it. Plus, I think bi-tone raises the value a little too.

I tried to send Sixto a PM the other day too, but it was disabled. You might try starting to send a PM to another member and change the name to Sixto. That might work, but I didn't try it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I think it's a pretty good deal. It was a little high, I would have said about $350, same as your XD40, but the two holsters and 4 mags make it worth it. Plus, I think bi-tone raises the value a little too.

I tried to send Sixto a PM the other day too, but it was disabled. You might try starting to send a PM to another member and change the name to Sixto. That might work, but I didn't try it.
    It worked, I got the message.

Good luck with your horse tradin.
    "Just blame Sixto"

used about 350 to 400.

Links