New Kahr PM9,need suggestions

This is a discussion on New Kahr PM9,need suggestions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did it , I finally bought the Kahr PM9, many thanks to everybody here who gave me input on it. I need some suggestions ...

Thread: New Kahr PM9,need suggestions

I did it , I finally bought the Kahr PM9, many thanks to everybody here who gave me input on it. I need some suggestions on a few accesories, anybody carry one in a pocket holster? if so what kind ? Any suggestions to make the break in period easier? Somebody suggested a hogue handall jr universal rubber sleeve. Anybody use one? I can't wait to try it out, it's on order should be here next Friday, now I just have to wait....... is it Friday yet?

What I did initially, was disassemble, clean & lube, then reassemble without the main spring.

I mechanically hand cycled it repeatedly. Then I disassembled it, lightly sanding off the fuzzy plastic bits where it met metal, followed by another clean & lube; installed the spring and then - LIVE FIRE.

I had ( but lost) a pocket holster - so I can't really say.
    The Hogue JR was a necessity for me - as it was sandpapering the webbing under my thumb. It also provides a much better grip for me.

Now the controversial part: everyone has their favorite lubes. I've been very happy /successful using just a spray on RemOil with Teflon. I'm sure someone will come along and tell me that's all wrong and will cause harm in the long run. And they may be correct - but this is sure quick and easy which means I can do it often.

I did a thorough cleaning on mine right of the bat. And since I happened to be doing a F&B on my Kel-Tec P3AT at the same time, I took the buffer on the Dremel and some very fine polishing compound to the feed ramp and polished it up. Since then, it's been nothing but shoot it, clean it, enjoy it. No hitches at all to this point.

I have carried mine in a DeSantis Nemesis holster and it works out quite well. My main method of carry was initially a Little Feather Leather Works LFL 120 holster. Once my Brigade GunLeather M-11 holster finally got here, that's what I carried in every day until I recently switched EDC guns.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Thanks for the tips and suggestions, I can't wait to get it. If anybody else has any PM9 wisdom they'd like to share, please do. Thanks again.

I have one and its my edc,I've put maybe 300 rounds through it without any problems at all.I put an A-grip on it and all my guns.I really love them.It makes it feel like velvet and I like its looks too.sj

Hey CV Hoss

I've often wondered about your user name, and of course the picture. Everyone loved Hoss. I clearly remember the reporting of his death while I was traveling across the USA on military leave.

But the reason I'm writing is, I love the looks of the LFL 120. I'm interested in any additional info you may have on it?

DISREGARD MY REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFO AS I FIGURED IT OUT - AS BEING FROM LITTLE FEATHER. STILL INTERESTED IN PERSONAL INFO ABOUT THE NAME.

Thanks.
    Wrascal (my fathers nickname for me -RIP).
    Last edited by Wrascal; March 29th, 2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Found the item

Quote Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
    I've often wondered about your user name, and of course the picture. Everyone loved Hoss. I clearly remember the reporting of his death while I was traveling across the USA on military leave.
    Thread -- How did you come up with your name. Post #150.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Questions resolved. Thanks.

I love the grip on my PM9 but I have rough hands and it feels good to me. As for pocket carry I also have the DeSantis but I prefer IWB with my Don Hume

I picked up the PM9 from the gunstore last week, squirted a bunch of CLP in it and fired 250 rounds of winchester RA9T through it. It had some FTF on the first round when loading from the fully loaded 7 round magazine with slide in the locked position. Kahr CS thought it might be an issue with my pinky finger exerting pressure on the 7 rounders that might cause FTF and offered to send another mag of my choice - no charge of course. I think it's the weird way the top cartridge is held by the feed lips in the 7 round magazine. After I made sure that the top round was correctly held by the lips then the problem went away. You'll see what I mean when you get it. When fully loaded, the top cartridge in the 7 rounder is not parallel with the round beneath it. It made me nervous that if I kept the 7 rounder in my pocket as a spare, the top round could get knocked out of the correct position and cause a FTF when doing an emergency reload. I should receive another 6 rounder from them soon.

Otherwise, +1 on the Agrip. Even when using a mechanix glove, the web of my hand was chafed after 250 rounds.

I carry my PM9 in my right pocket with a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. I keep a spare mag in a pocket mag carrier in my left pocket from K&D Holsters.

I also use a Nemesis or PCS Harpoon for pocket carry w/ cut Hogue Handall Jr.
    See...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ll-jr-pm9.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ew-w-pics.html
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

ree
    +1 on the Agrip. It doesn't really change the dimensions of the grip. Plus it:
    a) Reduces abrasion of your hand
    b) Allows you to get a little better grip than you can on the polymer frame.
    c) Isn't high friction like a rubber grip sleeve can be. So it won't hang up in your pocket or allow a cover garment to snag on it.

I've pocket carried in a Mika holster.

Links