Any experience w/ Glock 27 and 'LEO' 11 Rnd Mags? - Page 2

Any experience w/ Glock 27 and 'LEO' 11 Rnd Mags?

This is a discussion on Any experience w/ Glock 27 and 'LEO' 11 Rnd Mags? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I believe that it was intended to hold 10, not 11 rounds. In any event I have not had any problems with mine. I had ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any experience w/ Glock 27 and 'LEO' 11 Rnd Mags?

I believe that it was intended to hold 10, not 11 rounds. In any event I have not had any problems with mine. I had some issues with the G23 & G22 mags that had the older followers. Any of the newer mags with #8 or #9 followers work fine.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

The Pierce extended +2 base plate is marketed for the 9mm and the 40 magazines.

When this base plate is mated to the G26 mag, you can load the mag with the additional two rounds. The stock G26 mag along with the +2 base plate allows for 13 rounds if I'm not mistaken. I have these installed on my Mom's G26 and am pretty sure it is full with 13 rounds.

Since the 40 cartridge is a we bit larger than the 9mm round, that same +2 base plate mounted on the stock G27 magazine only allows one extra round.

Either way, I have the +2 base plates mounted on all of my G27 mags-they give a nice resting place for my pinkey finger.

Dirty

I have the Glock factory +2 mags with grip extensions in my Glock 26, 27 and 33. They work great.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

WOW! This thread started in 2005?
    Interestingly enough, I just ordered another mag for my G27 from botach and I picked one of the OEM 11rd mags. Can't beat their prices with free shipping on Glock mags in my opinion. I've used the 12 round factory mags in my ex-girlfriend's G26 with excellent results. These are Glock factory mags....not aftermarket +2 extensions. I think we've been down the road of discussion about the +2 aftermarket extensions available for the Glock magazines, and the only ones I have ever used (for competition mainly) were made specifically for the NFML (non-full metal lined) or NDF (non-drop free) magazines back in the day. I have used the aftermarket +1 bottoms available for the G30 in the past with no issues. If at any time you alter a factory magazine, you do so at your own risk IMO. Believe me.........I've had a bottom blow out once or twice during a run or at the firing line. I once got a full 20 rounds in a G17 mag with +2 bottom. Slide wouldn't rip the first round into the chamber. Go figure.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Zonker: That's a really cool looking G33 you've got there. I might have to consider a 33 for my still small (5) collection, even though I've promised "wifey" to hold the fort at five! Oh well, time will tell.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links