HELP - Disassembly instructions for a CZ 40

This is a discussion on HELP - Disassembly instructions for a CZ 40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend of mine bought a used CZ 40 (40 S&W), and for the life of me I could not field strip it. It looked ...

Thread: HELP - Disassembly instructions for a CZ 40

HELP - Disassembly instructions for a CZ 40

A friend of mine bought a used CZ 40 (40 S&W), and for the life of me I could not field strip it.

It looked to be the same as my Baby Eagle...line up the hash marks on the slide and the frame, push the slide lock through from the right side, remove the slide assembly, and so on. I could not get the slide lock out, thus no disassembly.

I have no idea how old it is. It looks to be a 1911 style design and it came with double stacked 10 round mags (looks like they should hold 13ish).

Anybody help me out here?

TIA
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

I'm not familiar with the CZ, but perhaps you might find some useful info at Brownells - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools. They have schematics on most guns and also a helpful technical staff.

YouTube has several videos on disassembling CZ pistols, but none on the CZ 40 exactly. One or more of these may be useful, though: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Sticks,

The CZ 40 has two sets of alignment marks and you were aligning the wrong ones. Note two little vertical marks at the rear of the slide and frame, then note a red circle just forward of this on the frame and a black circle even further forward on the slide. To disassemble the gun, you align the two circles and tap on the end of the slide stop rod with a screwdriver handle to get it started. Then you can pull it out the left side while keeping the circles aligned. If it's new you might have to do a little light prying under the lever after it lifts off the frame a little. Then fingers should be able to do it.

Reassembly is a little trickier. First, align the two LINES, insert the slide stop HALF WAY, then pull the slide back until the two CIRCLES are aligned and push the slide stop in the rest of the way.

It threw me for a while too.

JayPee
    PS-The MecGar CZ 75 12 round mags work beautifully in the CZ 40B, but don't have the thick plastic floorplate. If this bothers your friend, a lot of guys are getting the thick plastic floorplates from CZ USA....they're for the 10 round CZ 40 mags that come with the gun. It doesn't bother me at all. Also, the CZ 75 10 round .40 mags work well in my CZ 40 too. Same deal on the floorplates. Best.

VIP Member
    Go to this site and download the CZ40 manual.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Go to this site and download the CZ40 manual.
    +1

Very informative site.

Thanks guys! I knew I would find something here.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sticks.....you didn't specify if you were talking about the CZ 40B or the CZ 40P. The info I provided was for the CZ 40B only. I've never seen a 40P and don't know how it breaks down. PM sent as well. FYI
    JayPee

VIP Member
    CZ 40 cal looks like a 1911, has to be a 40B. Link is for the 40B owners manual, should give you what you need.

http://www.cz-usa.com/data/downloads...uals/CZ_40.pdf

By chance if what he has is a 40P I also included the link for it's owner manual.

http://www.cz-usa.com/data/downloads...als/CZ_40P.pdf

Thanks, Archer. JayPee

Which CZ40 model is the gun, a B or P? I have a 40P and it breaks down like most all CZ's... align the two "tic" marks on the slide/frame and push out the pin above the trigger, like on a 1911.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Thanks again guys.

It is my buddies gun, so I am no longer in possesion of it. I just had it long enough to make a holster for it.

The instructions for the 40B looked like the gun he had, so I forwarded it on to him. I will check out the 40P and see if is closer to what he had. I've slept since then so I am not real sure.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Links