Pocket Gun Thoughts

Pocket Gun Thoughts

This is a discussion on Pocket Gun Thoughts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking of a pcoket gun and the only 2 I could find in the size that I want are the Guardian .32/.380 and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Gun Thoughts

Pocket Gun Thoughts

I was thinking of a pcoket gun and the only 2 I could find in the size that I want are the Guardian .32/.380 and the Seecamp .32/.380.

For me size is the biggest issue and the smallest of these 4 options is the seecamps but the .380 is too expensive, so that's out. And the guardian .380 is too heavy so that's out. So I guess I am left with the .32's.

Can anyone post a comparison of a Guardian .32 and and a seecamp .32?? Based on the specs, it seems they are pretty close. I know the guardian is a bit heavier and a tad longer but they seem pretty close with the guardian being a lil bit heavier/longer.

I was hoping someone here owns both these or has a pic of these 2 models side to side. That would be really helpful in helping me decide since I probably will never handle these before getting one. Also, I;ve seen some pics where 1 gun is superimposed over another gun over a larger one to help assess the size difference, if someone could do that, that would also be very helpful.

Also, What's the price difference between these 2 .32s go for on the street?

Lastly how does the recoil between guns of this size in .32 compare? I do have a P3AT and don't have an issue with it, and I've read the seecamp is pretty harsh but was curious?

Is the .32 sufficient to carry as a lone gun for self defense when u cant carry anything else or is .380 significantly better in this case. I guess in other words, w/o a big caliber debate, in this size gun, is there a noticeable difference between a .32 and a .380?

Sorry for the long post and thanks to anyone can help!

Here is a comparison chart of Seecamps and other pocket pistols:http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf.

Go over to the Seecamp forum, there are guys there who have both guns and would be able to give you more specifics in regard to comparisons. From what I've seen, those who have both = usually keep the Seecamp and sell the NAA.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsFosforos View Post
    Here is a comparison chart of Seecamps and other pocket pistols:http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf.

Go over to the Seecamp forum, there are guys there who have both guns and would be able to give you more specifics in regard to comparisons. From what I've seen, those who have both = usually keep the Seecamp and sell the NAA.
    Thanks I have seen that guide before, but that's not what I was looking for and I did surf that forum a bit and could not find anyhting.

I was thinking I remembered seeing a superimposed pic like you were asking about on that message board. If there are questions you have that you didn't find, they will jump in and answer. They are a bunch of nice guys (well mostly guys)! There are a few ladies there too!

Have you considered the Keltec P3AT or the new Ruger .380 ? The Keltec is very small and very light, easy to carry concealed, if dressed in anything other than a g- string.

rf
    If you have a P3AT why are you looking for a pocket gun ?

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    What's the price difference between these 2 .32s go for on the street?

Lastly how does the recoil between guns of this size in .32 compare? I do have a P3AT and don't have an issue with it, and I've read the seecamp is pretty harsh but was curious?

The prices are pretty comparable. The Guardians were out of production for a while and just now getting re-stocked. I saw a new Seecamp last week at $450 and a used one at $399. That is probably normal. Guardians may be a few bucks less.

The recoil is about the same. The guns are roughly identical with the seecamp being a little smaller and lighter. Both are good pocket guns, but the Seecamp may be the better of the two.

The .32 acp is small but big enough to do lethal damage. Being purely a defensive pistol, it need not have a "go to war" pedigre. It's main value is in it's ability to be descreet and it does that very well.

Not sure if you took a look at Beretta's Tomcat either, but I know I sure do love mine. for a pocket .32

Quote Originally Posted by rf View Post
    If you have a P3AT why are you looking for a pocket gun ?
    My Thoughts as well. I've shot and handled P3ATs and they're great. I say stick with it unless you are simply trying to increase your collection. Or is yours not reliable? I suppose that would be a legitimate reason to search for another. I personally have a hard time telling someone to carry anything with less power than a .380. Although that's just MHO. If you're comfortable with .32, the Tomcat is a stout little rig though a bit fat and there is always the KelTec .32 counterpart to the .380. The seecamp .32 is slightly less $ that the .380. Have you checked out the AMT offerings? NAA also has those little .22 mag revos that some people like. Look like more a novelty to me than a viable carry option but better than spitballs.

If I were you I'd hold out and save for the Seecamp .32. It's a discret little gun that will do damage when needed and like all guns can be fatal if you're on the business end at firing time. I'm sure like me, most BGs don't want to be shot with anything regardless of caliber.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

Save your $$$ for something bigger and keep the P-3AT for your pocket gun.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There are times when I have to be very discreet and My Seecamp .32 fits the bill. Recoil is not bad, but it is a little finicky concerning ammunition. As long as I feed it Winchester Silvertips it works like a champ.

I already have a P3AT and yes it fits the pocket niche nicely (I love the gun and not getting rid of it) but I like small sized guns and want something even smaller. The P32 is only a fraction smaller than the P3AT, whereas the guardian and seecamp, especially seecamp, are significantly smaller, albeit heavier.

I still would like to see some comparison pics if anyone has any!!

I guess I have 2 questions that keep resurfacing.

1. If a person was looking for a pocket gun and was considering the Guardian and Seecamp models (ignoring a specific caliber), aside from Price, why would anyone choose the guardian over the seecamp?? seems like Seecamps win in every category over the guardians, except for price in the .380 models. But the .32s are soo close in price therefore the guardian may lose in every category there.

2. If a person was in the market for a pocket gun and was considering the seecamps only, aside from price, why would anyone choose the .32 over the .380 since they are exactly the same dimensions?? None of these pistols are range pistols and are going to be for defensive carry, therefore, wouldn't you want any extra advantage in stopping power even if it maybe minimal??

There is a superimposed photo of a Guardian and Seecamp here:
    More size comparison pics - TheFiringLine Forums
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
    There is a superimposed photo of a Guardian and Seecamp here:
    More size comparison pics - TheFiringLine Forums
    THAT AWESOME!!! EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! THANKYOU!!!

Seems like the guardian is quite a bit bigger.

Here's a picture showing the size differences between a few

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links