M&P revolvers

M&P revolvers

This is a discussion on M&P revolvers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone own or have shot the M&P 360 or 340 revolvers? I wanted to get one but cant decide...

Thread: M&P revolvers

M&P revolvers

Does anyone own or have shot the M&P 360 or 340 revolvers? I wanted to get one but cant decide

I have a S&W 340 M&P revolver. It is equipt with factory Crimson Trace 405 laser grips.

I paid $770 plus $25 shipping for it. I considered it the best deal I could find. Locally they were at least a couple of hundred more. I bought it online from "Shooters". It was a pleasant buying experience.

They are fairly hard to find compared to the regular 340 PD's. For your trouble, you get an easier to upkeep cylinder (stainless steel) and a "Tritium" night sight. It weighs 13.5 oz. compared to 12 oz. for the PD and 15 oz. for the 642 airweight.

It was "drop shipped" to my local gun range dealer who charged me an aditional $35 for his trouble with delievery and paperwork and such.

I carry it with 4 - 38 spl. +p's for "gold dot short barrels" from Speer. I put 1- 357 Speer gold dot short barrel in the fifth cylinder slot. Perhaps, when my hands are fully conditioned, I will carry all 357's. They kick a little harder and are (for now) slower to get back on target for follow up shots. I do not carry (as of yet) reloads.

I carry it in a "Mika" pocket holster, or an "Enforcer" breathable belly band, or a "Fist" #19 IWB stongside 3:30-4 o'clock. I often carry the Fist between the belt and the pants depending on which pants I'm wearing. It hides almost as well as it does inside the pants since the barrel is so short.

MARV

VIP Member
    I have the M&P 360. Great carry choice, light weight, non reflective finish, and big dot xs sight. I would not trade it for anything. I also think the M&P 340 is a nice one too. I opted for the traditional hammer design.

I also owned a 360 Sc. I sold it as it had become a safe queen once I got the M&P 360. The 360 Sc was great for carry, but heck on the hand in practice, weighing in at only 10.5 ounces.

Unless you absolutely want .357 capability and night sights, for the money, I think smith has better values in the lineup. Have you looked at the 442 and 637?
    Last edited by ctr; April 2nd, 2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Links