What are these Grip things?

This is a discussion on What are these Grip things? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've seen several pictures lately of what looks like a wrap around a grip of a pistol with finger grooves. It appears to be rubber ...

Thread: What are these Grip things?

I've seen several pictures lately of what looks like a wrap around a grip of a pistol with finger grooves. It appears to be rubber and just fits around the original grip to provide a thicker and more comfortable(for some) grip. What are these and where can I find them on the internet?

Thanks.

Like this shown on a Kahr:

Hogue grips I have them on my fullsize H&K, but I feel they hang up a little on my carry gun, so none on it!
    Getgrip Online Store
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks cdwolf !

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

not to be picky but that's a kel-tec in the picture...(Sorry it's that type A thing) I had a buddy who put one on is H&K USP because he has monster paws... it made the grip too big for me to get my finger on the triger comfortably but he loved it. I can see where it would be a great asset on a small/pocket auto. My only concern would be that it would cling to clothing/pockets.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

I have one on my USPf ,It feels great!! I also have a surefire light and that USP stay's on the nightstand!! My USPc that's my edc had one on it, but i felt like it hung up on the draw. So I like them just not for cc.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I believe there have been two reports of LEOs losing control of their weapons because of the "impermanence" of the slip-a-grips. I had one on a Gen 2 G19, and ditched it for that reason- holding the grip firmly, it was possible for someone grabbing the barrel to rotate the gun 90* either way, without breaking my locked wrist.

If it really improves the feel for you, I'd degrease the grip and inside of the sleeve, and squirt a couple dabs of Goop under there. Personally, I won't use them anymore.

I have a Hogue Grip on my P3AT just as shown in the picture. It does make the grip just a little bigger and more comfortable, but also helps to reduce the perceived recoil. Not that the recoil is all that bad, but the grip checkering on those little things are sharp.

Lead Moderator
    I had on on my HK USP. It got old, worn and slipped. Since then I prefer the sharp checkering the factory provided much better.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have one as well as a light on my nightstand G23. It does add to the grip width as listed above but for me it made for faster follow-up shots. I did try it with CC but the grip would grab on clothes and because of that I will not have one on any gun I carry. My G27 needed a bit of help in the grip so I added the sand paper grips and love those as well. I am one that likes a bit of sharp grip.

I have a Pachmeyer #2 on my XD45 that I had on my xd40 and I love it. In fact that is one of the first things people compliment when they pick up my pistol is how nice the grip feels.

I have hogue slip-on grips on a couple of my pistols. I especially like the extra grip and girth it provides on my USP.

I have the hogues on my 1911 but they are not the slip on kind , they replace the factory handles and dont slip........

Sponsored Links