ROSSI .357mag snubby & Range Report (Merged)

This is a discussion on ROSSI .357mag snubby & Range Report (Merged) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a Rossi 461 .357 mag , 6- shot , blued 2" . It's the same size as my SP101 but holds ...

Thread: ROSSI .357mag snubby & Range Report (Merged)

ROSSI .357mag snubby & Range Report (Merged)

I just picked up a Rossi 461 .357 mag , 6- shot , blued 2" . It's the same size as my SP101 but holds 6 instead of 5 . I don't know much about ROSSI except they've been around for a few years and seem to copy S&W just like TAURUS does . I got blued instead of the high polish stainless , so I could send it to FORD'S to either have it parkerized or a matte hard chrome finish(better for florida) put on it . It's not my main carry gun but just another "tool in the tool box" . I'm on the way to the range to see how it shoots compared to my very dependable SP101 or 2.5" SECURITY SIX , oh yeah and my S&W 442 . It is a very tight gun and seems sturdy . I guess we'll see , I'll be back with a range report shortly .

2. Remove Ads

Pictures!!

I would put pics up but I'M stupid and can't figure it out how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    I would put pics up but I'M stupid and can't figure it out how to do it
    Just above the typing box is a small square picture with a mountain in it. Click that, and paste the link to the picture your trying to post. If the picture is on your hard drive, and not online, then just upload it to a image website. Like this one ImageShack® - Image Hosting

I like my Rossi M971 .357 snub. It sits in my computer hutch, serving as my den defense gun.
    Attached Images
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

PM
    I would be interested in the results and anyones oppinion on this gun; as it is on my short list for a wheelgun in .357. Thankyou for your assistance

I've had a Rossi M971 for over 10 yrs. Mine has a 6" barrel but I have been very happy with it. It is comfortable, accurate and reliable. What more do you need?

Looks kinda like the Colt Dick Special with the S&W push latch instead of the Colt pull type. I have one that resides in the chest-of-drawers next to the bedroom door as a backup to the 12 ga HD shotgun. Fits pretty well in a Bianchi small upside down shoulder holster and the HKS K frame speedloaders work with it. I use 125 gr Golden Sabers +P 38 Specials right now but plan on trying out the 135 gr +P Magtechs. Never had a bit of trouble but to be honest it is not a high round count type of revolver IMO. The workmanship appears good but not up to S&W or Colt standards, then neither is the price

Range Report On Rossi .357

I gotta tell ya all this ROSSI 461 , 2" , .357MAG(6 shot) really really impressed me !!!!!! This gun SHOOTS !!! sorry to say it but I shot better with this ROSSI than I do with all my RUGER'S . @ 3-10 yds I was shooting tight groups of 2"-5" in SA but in DA it widen to 5"-7" and a little low ( an action job will fix that) IMHO this gun is a great purchase for the money I highly recommend this snubby for carry , home or car . I compaired it to my SP101 and it's the same size but 1 more round so the cylinder is slightly bigger . Lifetime warranty , locking hammer (if so desired) rubber grips . I'll try later to upload pics but I can't seem to get it and I've been trying for 15mins. Don't listen to anyone that says ROSSI is crap . (IMO) They've been around for years and they're comfortable in my big monkey hands and shoot really well . I paid $250(new) and think I got every pennies worth . They wholesale @ $231 (blued)Maybe I'll another ?????

I had a stainless rossi 357 back in the eighties...that gun went everywhere with me. In the car, nightstand you name it. I shot countless rounds through it. Then one day I bought around 300 crappy reloads in 38 spl. from a gun show. They ruined the cylinder...It was a good gun up until then though...It shot great.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

First handgun I purchased was a Rossi 461, I don't regret buying it, a whole lot of gun for the price, mine hasn't let me down yet.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I had one for years and recently sold it to a buddy..he had a few problems,namely the cylinder screw fell out,so keep an eye on yours.Taurus has the lifetime warentee too.It will fit a k frame holster BTW.and use the same speedloaders too(HKS10)
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Links