Sig 239 Grip favs

This is a discussion on Sig 239 Grip favs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, I put 250 rounds through my new 239 Sig and am falling in love with it. I or 2 failure to ejects with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 239 Grip favs

Sig 239 Grip favs

Hey all, I put 250 rounds through my new 239 Sig and am falling in love with it. I or 2 failure to ejects with the first box, then perfect every time. I put some LE high velocity rounds through it which was quite fun. I have a bladetech UCH IWB holster on the way, hopefully will be here this weekend.

I was looking into some nice grips, anyone have a suggestion that beats the stock grips? I have tried rubber Pachmeyer grips, and I really like their comfort, but for CCCW I find they stick to my shirt and tend to print though. So I guess wood or plastic would be nice. I liked the wood ones on the SAS model I held, but I guess those are probably pretty costly. How bout some cheapies?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I am a big fan of the Hoque rubber grips but, as you say, they can be a little "grippy" on cover garments. I also like the Cocobolo grips that come with the SAS...

I've seen some aluminum grips that I thought were nice, and there are companies that manufacture various wood grips for them - I'm sure some of the more "senior" P239 owners can give you their favorites.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Hogue Aluminum

I just installed Hogue's new aluminum grips for Sigs on my P239, and like them very much. They grab my hand firmly and are very slim, which I like. They also look good and come in a variety of colors, as shown on the Hogue website. I chose basic black with a brushed finish. They are rather expensive.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

EAJ
    If you happen to have a P239 DAK model I happen to have a new pair of SIG SAS grips for sale here if you're interested. :)

WTS - SIG P239 9mm SAS DAK Parts (Price Reduction) - Topic Powered by eve community

pogo2, those are some really nice grips you have there on the Sig P239, nice enough that the P239 has jumped to the top of my procurement list. And as always, nice camera work!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle5 View Post
    pogo2, those are some really nice grips you have there on the Sig P239, nice enough that the P239 has jumped to the top of my procurement list. And as always, nice camera work!
    I appreciate your comment. I have been thinking about a P239 for a year or two, and just recently bought the one shown in slightly used condition. I've had a P226 and a P229 for quite a while and admire the Sig brand. I heard about these Hogue aluminum grips from a Lunde posting of his visit to the recent SHOT show, and decided to try them.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

EAJ- I have the DA/SA model, otherwise I would consider it. I too prefer a DA/SA as well after trying the DAK model.

POGO2-- I REALLY like the aluminum grips, I have a black pistol and always thought the aluminum color would be super sweet. I was unaware that Hogue had those out for the 239 yet, I didn't see them on their site when I looked the other day. I may put them on my wish list, but after compulsive holster shopping lately, buying 1000 rds of ammo for my intermediate shooting class, and having to buy new tires for my motorcycle.........my wife will divorce me if I spend that much for grips. Hehehe. She likes her stuff stock and has never understood the idea of adding "farkles" to anything. This is a motorcycling term for adding aftermarket goodies to bikes for improved appearance, comfort, and/or improved performance.

Here is a link

Quote Originally Posted by uralite View Post
    POGO2-- I REALLY like the aluminum grips, I have a black pistol and always thought the aluminum color would be super sweet. I was unaware that Hogue had those out for the 239 yet, I didn't see them on their site when I looked the other day.
    You have to search a bit to find them on the Hogue website, but they are there. Here is a link to the page with P239 aluminum grips:

Hogue webpage for P239 aluminum grips

pogo2,

thanks for introducing me to those aluminum grips from Hogue! I've always wanted thinner grips for my P229. Are these grips significantly thinner than the factory plastic/polymer grips?

BTW, where did you get a stainless frame P239? Did you have that refinished?

EAJ
    Uralite, not a problem, thought we might be able to help each other out.

If you have the SIG P239 DA/SA model and like wood you may want to consider Nill grips. I have them on three pistols; CZ 75, SIG X-5 Tactical and my converted SIG SAS DA/SA P239 (P/N #SS0758). They’re handsome, well made, and pricey. . The USA distributor for Nill is Mac-Tec.

Answer to questions...

Quote Originally Posted by QuickDrawMcGraw View Post
    pogo2,

thanks for introducing me to those aluminum grips from Hogue! I've always wanted thinner grips for my P229. Are these grips significantly thinner than the factory plastic/polymer grips?

BTW, where did you get a stainless frame P239? Did you have that refinished?
    I would say that the Hogue aluminum grips for Sigs are considerably thinner than the rubber or wood grips you often see on Sigs, and slightly thinner than the stock black polymer grips. The aluminum is so strong compared to polymer or wood that Hogue evidently can make it thinner without fear of cracking.

The light colored frame on my P239 is aluminum and appears to be finished with a silver colored anodizing, as opposed to the more common black anodizing on the Sig two tone guns. The slide is just plain stainless steel with a brushed finish. I bought the gun used from a dealer, and it came that way. So I don't know the history of it, or whether the silver frame was factory made or aftermarket refinished. I don't believe the finish is nickel, as I have a factory nickel P226 and the P239 looks different. Here is the nickel P226:

I got a Sig 220 Equinox. And the grips are awesome. They are of the black/grey wood variety with Sig Sauer engraved on them.

If you can get them aftermarket, I wood suggest giving them a try. They fell a little slimmer than the plastic ones, but not as thin as the new slim grips.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

My 239 looks just like EAJ's. The Nills have a bit of a palm swell. Not enough to cause printing problems, but it really helps fill your hand. I like them so well, I bought a set for my 220 also.
    Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.

Quote Originally Posted by EAJ View Post
    Uralite, not a problem, thought we might be able to help each other out.

If you have the SIG P239 DA/SA model and like wood you may want to consider Nill grips. I have them on three pistols; CZ 75, SIG X-5 Tactical and my converted SIG SAS DA/SA P239 (P/N #SS0758). They’re handsome, well made, and pricey. . The USA distributor for Nill is Mac-Tec.

Hey EAJ, how did you get the SAS with DA/SA? I just got a standard .40 P239 DA/SA and love it (Hogue rubber grips BTW, very nice).

I have Hogue smooth wooden grips (cocabolo) on my P239. I've since found that checkered wood also works and doesn't present the problems that you have run into with the rubber grips.

I have heard that if you wash your rubber grips with soap and water that it may alleve the "stickiness" because it is due more to the mold release compound they use rather than the material. Can't vouch for the veracity of that.

To save on Hogue grips try Ebay and Hogues own auction site HogueAuction.com, which features first and second quality grips. Here's a picture of my P239.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links