Looking for a Ruger LCP In Stock

This is a discussion on Looking for a Ruger LCP In Stock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems as though nobody has these. My dealer says it my be a few months before they can get one. Does anyone on the ...

It seems as though nobody has these. My dealer says it my be a few months before they can get one.

Does anyone on the forum have a dealer that has one in stock, that can ship to my FFL dealer?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I'd hang in there for a few months, and you'll be able to grab one for around $275.00.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Here's a couple on the internet:

From GunsAmerica:
    Dealer that's only asking $450.00

From GunBroker:
    Starting bid of only $400.00

Current bid only $340.00

Another one at only $450.00

Current bid at $370.00

You can see the rest of them on GunBroker here (search on Ruger LCP) but the story is the same -- overpriced. I don't know of any dealer who would ship one right now without getting way over MSRP. My guess is that every local gun store has a long waiting list for any that would come in to them.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

My lgs got four in last week. All of them sold for $275 that day. He said it might be a month before he gets any more. Good luck finding one, they are nice for under $300.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I'd hang in there for a few months, and you'll be able to grab one for around $275.00.
    I agree. It looks like a very nice .380, a step or two (or three) above the Kel-Tec. I'd still wait until all the hoopla (sp?) is over and pick one up for under $300. Under $300, it looks like a no brainer for someone in the market for a small pocket .380.

One of my local shops got a delivery yesterday. Another expects a delivery on Saturday. First is selling right at MSRP; second is selling for $300.00.

Check your local shop today if you really want one.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    In my part of Missouri they're running $330 and they sell within 5 minutes of hitting the door. Mine comes in on Monday. If you care to wait you'll save 30 to 50 bucks. I make an impulse buy because I think I'd really rather have the Kahr P380. It's a hair smaller plus the slide locks back after the last round.

If you can wait till June or July you can see the Kahr 380 or get the LCP cheaper.

If you go to your dealer, they should be able to get one in a few weeks. The guy I'm buying from gets one every 1-2.5 weeks.

Thanks for all your help on this. I guess I'll just wait. But if anyone hear's of a dealer that's got one and can ship it, they've got a sale!

Jonathan
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Picked mine up today. Local dealer. I have been on the waiting list since about two weeks after shot show. I was number 4 on the list. And 4 came in today. So I got the call about 6:00 PM and ran on down there and got it. All 4 of them were taken. I was the third to get there and one guy on his way.

$299.00 is what they got for them.

I probably won't get to keep this one. I promised my Kid if he Graduated Criminal Justice Academy with highest honors I would get him one. And he did... So it probably will be his BUG.

There are now 53 more people there waiting in line for them and growing every day they say.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I haven't got mine yet, but luckily I'm the first one to order from my local gs. I was speaking to the owner yesterday, and he was quite candid. He has no idea when they will come in; he ordered several, as he put it "it could be tomorrow or six months from now, but you'll get one".........and I won't be paying $450 for it either. No doubt the big gun shops are getting them, but supply is spotty for them at best. One dealer in my area (large gun store) had them 3 weeks ago, but was charging $450 for them........I totally refuse to pay more than MSRP.

Bottom line mine will be $299 and when it gets here, it gets here.....patience pays off.

Links