Stole my Sig

Stole my Sig

This is a discussion on Stole my Sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alright heres the story. A couple of weeks ago my truck was broken into. The theif stole 2 things an Ipod and my Sig P229 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stole my Sig

Unhappy Stole my Sig

Alright heres the story. A couple of weeks ago my truck was broken into. The theif stole 2 things an Ipod and my Sig P229 40 cal. I am in a delima. Do I want to get a new different gun or do I want to by another 229. Please keep in mind several things: 1. I loved that 229 2. I have several holsters, 3 extra mags and several hundred round of 40 cal (the Sig was my only 40) and I have a 357 sig barrel that came with the 229. So I need advise on which way everybody would go.
    Crookcatchr

Theres no such thing as owning to many guns.

1. report the theft
    2. replace the Sig - with all of the equipment, and the fact that You like it - get another....

Seems pretty easy decision, get another Sig 229 AND also a Center Mass safe to store it in, when you leave it behind in your vehicle

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    +1 on reporting the stolen gun, that's the important thing.

If after some time it doesn't turn up, get another one and take extra security measures to prevent this from happening again.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I think this why Sixto preaches not leaving a gun in an automobile. I must admint though, I have a "Truck Gun" however, it is one of the guns that I wouldn't replace if it were stolen and is relative inexpensive, an old model 59. In fact I would be more disappointed losing the old hi cap mag than I would the gun, but that's a CA perspective for you.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

I agree with sass20485, you got money invested in 229, so go for it.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    With what you have make the insurance buy you a new sig , then decide if you want to package the new in the box pistol , extra barrel , ammo , holsters , ect.. to a different gun . All you have done ( assuming insurance replaceing it ) is upgrade the value of your original sig with accessorys lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Why wouldn't insurence be buying you a brand new Sig? SHouldn't be a difficult choice.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Really sorry to hear about the Sig. Of course you will want to replace it and eventually, trust me, you will feel the same way about the replacement as you did about the first one. You should also buy another different gun as sort of a present to yourself. Psychologist have been telling us for years that it's not only ok to treat ourselves to something we want but it is actually a good thing and something we should do more often.

VIP Member
    You have the hardware, and you loved the Sig 229. Sounds like a no brainer to me, get another one!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    I think this why Sixto preaches not leaving a gun in an automobile. I must admint though, I have a "Truck Gun" however, it is one of the guns that I wouldn't replace if it were stolen and is relative inexpensive, an old model 59. In fact I would be more disappointed losing the old hi cap mag than I would the gun, but that's a CA perspective for you.
    Yup, this is exactly why.

I'd buy another 229 if you liked it, they are hard to beat.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You have the hardware, and you loved the Sig 229. Sounds like a no brainer to me, get another one!
    +1 You can't go wrong with the Sig. You loved the one you had, so why change?

Someone just posted one in the members buy, sell, trade section.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...s-11-mags.html
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    Psychologist have been telling us for years that it's not only ok to treat ourselves to something we want but it is actually a good thing and something we should do more often.
    Yeah...that's why my "Plastics" are high!
    Buy the SIG, get a trigger job and hunt down the b*st*rd that stole your gun!

I would replace a gun I really liked...and I would also refrain from vehicle storage in the future...lesson learned?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

lesson learned.

Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure that I was going to get another 229. But I looked at the 220 and really like it as well.
    Crookcatchr

Theres no such thing as owning to many guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links