Sig sauer 225 P6?

Sig sauer 225 P6?

This is a discussion on Sig sauer 225 P6? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of buying one of these guns the sig P6(a german police issued P225)but was wondering how well the feed modern JHP bullets? Does ...

Thread: Sig sauer 225 P6?

Sig sauer 225 P6?

I'm thinking of buying one of these guns the sig P6(a german police issued P225)but was wondering how well the feed modern JHP bullets? Does anyone here have one of these gun? at $350 for a sig 9MM it seems like a nice deal if it will funtion well with 9mm defensive ammo. thanks for any help guys.

Administrator
    Some have had problems feeding JHP, and some have been re-barreled already. You can get a 225 barrel, or fluff the heck out of the feed ramp on the P6 and hope for the best.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Some have had problems feeding JHP, and some have been re-barreled already. You can get a 225 barrel, or fluff the heck out of the feed ramp on the P6 and hope for the best.
    +1

There have been a flood of these on the US market because the German Police are trading them in.

I wasn't able to feed JHP ammo in mine. The tip of the bullet kept hitting the bottom of the feed ramp. The barrel was loose, and it kept lifting the ramp. Also the loose barrel made it wildly inaccurate.

Others have had no problems whatsoever with their 225 P6's. It's a crap shoot. It all comes down to who owned it and how it was maintained. If you get a good one, they are nice little guns. I wasn't lucky and got a lemon, but was able to return it.

If you get one, just test it out first, or make sure your shop has a return policy.

Cool Sig 225 P6

FYI-

Aim Surplus is taking orders against their April incoming shipment for $259.95 plus shipping.
    Semper Fi

I picked up one last week, a nice P6 with an 08/82 date stamp. I was initially worried that the weapon would not feed JHP nor would it function with the heavier 9mm rounds (124 and 147 gr), I was lucky in both accounts. My P6 is an absolute tack driver both with heavier FMJ ammunition and JHP ammunition. Mine came with a moderate amount of holster wear, mostly showing up on the slide, the frame and internals were in almost pristine condition.
    Last edited by JayHawker45; April 9th, 2008 at 10:39 AM.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Senior Moderator
    Mine is totally reliable with anything I feed it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

As I understand it the issue with hollow points is exclusive to older models. These were made to the contract spec and were designed to feed FMJ. Later production pistols had a different feed ramp design, identical to the commercial P225 and will feed fine. If you do get an early model you can load with PowerBall or you can get a P225 barrel from Sig. I don't recall when they changed over, but if you have a number to choose from in pretty much the same condition I would go for the later production ones.

** ETA** Just found on Sig Forum that they changed the feed ramp 6/14/89. If you look at the bottom of the slide under the muzzle you will see a two letter date code. Anything starting with a "K" should be OK. That is assuming a department armorer somewhere hasn't swapped the barrel out already and used an old one.
    Last edited by mcp1810; April 8th, 2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: additional info
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Just got one; pre-ordered another. The one I have is an '82 with the older barrel. I'll see how it does, but I'm capable of recontouring the feed ramp, if need be. FWIW, I don't think you can get more $300 value in the gun market at the moment.

I got mine from AIM and love it. Perfect gun - love how it fits my hand and it runs perfectly. A bit of wear but that would happen eventually anyway.

Recommend highly.

Mcp1810 the one at my local shop has a "nm" date code when would this have gun been made,and would it have the newer barrel?

I think that "NM" is part of the proof house marking. The date code should be below that.
    A = 0
    B = 1
    C = 2
    D = 3
    E = 4
    F = 5
    G = 6
    H = 7
    J = 8
    K = 9
    Even worst case scenario, you buy one for $350 or whatever and spend $179 on a new factory barrel for it, you are still $100 cheaper than I paid for my CPO P225.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    How much does an unloaded P6 weigh? I'd think that it wouldn't be much less than my 25 0z RAMI that holds more rounds.

mine has trouble with HP mfg. 6/80
    1911a1
    BHP 9mm
    225/p6
    16 hb AR15 223/5.56
    599 carbine/ati stock
    AR15/spikes at22 upper

Links