Your Thinking

This is a discussion on Your Thinking within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've shot the 40, which has a sharp recoil. The 45 recoil differs with the size and weight of your weapon. The 9MM is the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Thinking

I've shot the 40, which has a sharp recoil. The 45 recoil differs with the size and weight of your weapon. The 9MM is the least of the recoil, and carries more ammo than the latter handguns. I also have a Glock 29 in 10 MM that I switch with a 357 Sig conversian BBL. This weapon (the G29) coupled with the 357 Sig Ctg is VERY good. The recoil is low, and the velocity of the Ctg is WAY UP there, with mild recoil, utilizing the G29 frame, matched with the 357 Sig conversian BBL.
    Just my 2 cents worth here

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It doesn't get any better than the commander. If you're looking for a challenge, try a titanium 41 or a scandium 44 to protect you and yours in the field. Try a P11 9mm for a backup or a P3-AT. The low pressure 45 delivers a heavier bullet than the high pressure (read ear busting) 40. or 9. Control = practice = fun = accomplishment = peace of mind.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyschaos
    Model 70 African. .458 Winchester should do fine. Your Neighbors may complain about the noise and your wife won't like the mess.
    I, myself, prefer the .375 H&H, but the .458 does have a bit more "oomph". My 14 year old daughter says I should feel under-powered......

Seriously, I believe that anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. I started in 9mm, am heavily invested in that caliber, so until something with low recoil, "absolutely-no-doubt-guaranteed-one-shot-stop" comes along, I'm content with that. I've seen folks shot with most everything out there, and placement truly is the deciding factor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links