I need a little help with my CZ P-06

This is a discussion on I need a little help with my CZ P-06 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am trying to disassemble a new CZ P-06 I had mentioned earlier to give it's initial cleaning before going to the range. I have ...

I am trying to disassemble a new CZ P-06 I had mentioned earlier to give it's initial cleaning before going to the range. I have followed the instructions on the manual, but just can't get the slide stop removed to disassemble the pistol. It just feels as if it is a tight fit and really hard to remove. I don't exactly desire to break a new pistol. Any advice from CZ owners or people who have experienced this before would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Barbary,
    I use the rim of one of my rounds to push it into the "dimpel", are you sure that the lines on the left side are lined up? Mine was very tight the first couple of times I took it down but loosened up a little after that! If you continue to have problems I would be willing to let you give it to me! Seriously though there should be no harm done as long as you align the indicators I mentioned.

Have fun,
    PFCSLR

I used a wooden clothespin to start the process by tapping the dimple on the slide stop. Even after some time on the range it is still a tight fit.

VIP Member
    I use the rounded end of a letter opener to start the pin. Need to give it a good rap. Make sure you have the alignment marks lined up prior to attempting to remove the pin. I have about 700 rounds through my P-06 so far. Love it, accurate, recoil is not a problem, only problem was 1 FTF at about 400 rounds, and it was a problem with the round, not the gun. So far I have a P-01, P-06 RAMI 9mm, RAMI .40 and a Compact 9mm. I'm sure that there will be many more added to the collection!!

I am considering the P-01 in the near future.

Links