CZ Rami anybody else think it's a great gun

This is a discussion on CZ Rami anybody else think it's a great gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a CZ Compact the other day. My local store ordered it. Funny, the gun was NIB and came from their wholesaler and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ Rami anybody else think it's a great gun

I picked up a CZ Compact the other day. My local store ordered it. Funny, the gun was NIB and came from their wholesaler and it was made in 1997. It's satin nickle/matte blue with a steel guide rod. I thought I was getting the all black polycoat but liked the looks of the pistol when it came it so bought it.

I've been working up "plinking loads" and having a lot of fun with the Compact. My best groups so far have been with a Lee 105 gr SWC in front of 3.8 grains of W231---.67" offhand at 7 yards. (I do most testing and shooting at 7 yards as I bought this pistol for shooting plates at that range)

I sold my XD40SC and my M&P full size 9mm is going to be sold. I really like the CZ! I came in 3rd the other day at our steel plate shoot after only firing 50 rounds through the CZ.

Cloudpeak

2. Remove Ads

If it were not for the Glock 26/27 I would be singing with the chorus. My G27 is a more proven design and more versatile. With the addition of barrels and magazines I can fire 9mm, 357Sig, and 40S&W in my Glock 27. Sorry, that is the way I see it. Regards, Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richardoldfield View Post
    If it were not for the Glock 26/27 I would be singing with the chorus. My G27 is a more proven design and more versatile. With the addition of barrels and magazines I can fire 9mm, 357Sig, and 40S&W in my Glock 27. Sorry, that is the way I see it. Regards, Richard
    I wouldn't say that, CZ's were already proven before a glock was even a blueprint! I know Tanfoglio (Italian CZ clone) has barrel kits to switch calibers easily and cost effectively, so that base is covered too.
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

garn, then I can assume that more police agencies in the USA carry CZs than Glocks? I do not think so. I own a Rami, two CZ75s, a PCR, a CZ75 Compact, a CZ82, and a CZ40B. I also own the following Glocks: G17, G19, G20, G23, G27, and a G30; based on my experiences I feel the Glock 27 is a better weapon. Regards, Richard

VIP Member
    Most PD's use glocks because it is politically correct. Politicians don't want police carrying something cocked and locked. Not sure, since I've never checked on it" but there are probably more carrying Sig's than Glocks. I carry a CZ P-06 and a P-01. The P-06 being an upgrade in caliber to the P-01. The P-01 torture test matches if not exceeds the torture test Glock went through. Maybe that is why the P-01 is NATO approved.

I had a RAMI 9mm but I sold it off. I really wanted to like it but it jammed way too often. I switched out the mag springs and it didnt help. I suppose I could have sent it back and got it fixed but for a carry gun I needed it to work from the start and it didnt. The larger framed czs still seem pretty nice and maybe down the road I will try one of those out as a range gun.
    Glad others have had positive experiences with them because they seem pretty nice regardless of how mine had performed.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Quote Originally Posted by garn View Post
    Tanners used to have stainless RAMI P's on gunbroker for $350 but I don't seem them up there anymore, maybe try giving them a call?

Tanner's Sport Center

Purchased 2 firearms from them, great!
    I got in on that deal, too! Best $350 I ever spent!

That's not my gun but looks just like it.

Oh, and btw, since I am in NY I am limited to 10 rd mags unless they are pre-bans. I found a preban 15 rd mag for a TZ75 and it works great!
    Attached Images

When it is all said and done the CZ Rami does not have the same caliber versatility that a Glock 27 has. If they do, why don't know it or see it in their advertising or the articles written on Ramis?

Remember that I own a Rami, two CZ75s, a PCR, a CZ75 Compact, a CZ82, and a CZ40B. I also own the following Glocks: G17, G19, G20, G23, G27, and a G30. How many of those giving opinions have this many CZs and Glocks to draw a conclusion from?

Regards,

Richard

I have a 75BD and occasionally carry it in a Don Hume IWB holster. Yeah it's heavy but it carries well and a full size 9mm with 17 total rounds is a lot of firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by richardoldfield View Post
    When it is all said and done the CZ Rami does not have the same caliber versatility that a Glock 27 has. If they do, why don't know it or see it in their advertising or the articles written on Ramis?

Remember that I own a Rami, two CZ75s, a PCR, a CZ75 Compact, a CZ82, and a CZ40B. I also own the following Glocks: G17, G19, G20, G23, G27, and a G30. How many of those giving opinions have this many CZs and Glocks to draw a conclusion from?

Regards,

Richard
    Hi Richard,

Can you expand on what you mean by "caliber versatility that a Glock 27 has"?

Thx

VIP Member
    I don't have any Glocks or XDs, but then I prefer a gun I can shoot either single or double action. I have 5 CZ's and they all have been 100% reliable. It is the gun used by quite a few LEO Agencies around the world, and was selected and approved by NATO. They must be doing something right.
    But then again, that is why there are as many gun makers as there are. Everyone has their opinion, and what they prefer to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I don't have any Glocks or XDs, but then I prefer a gun I can shoot either single or double action. I have 5 CZ's and they all have been 100% reliable. It is the gun used by quite a few LEO Agencies around the world, and was selected and approved by NATO. They must be doing something right.
    But then again, that is why there are as many gun makers as there are. Everyone has their opinion, and what they prefer to shoot.
    Exactly right! I own several CZ's, Glocks, XD's, Walther P99 & P22, Kel-tec p11, Taurus 85 and my new S&W 686 Plus. CZ's are my favorite but you won't hear me badmouth my other guns, either! To each his own and with so many good gun makers out today, this is a great time to be alive! Unless, of course, Hillery gets elected!!!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I have this

and other full-sized CZ and Witness pistols.

But I Carry this!

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

i dont know much about them, are they s/a or d/a , by the look of the triger i'd say d/a...

Hmmm...having spent some time in the Czech Republic in the past decade, PERSONALLY I would be very cautious about carrying a pistol made there.
    My personal opinion of course, but it seemed like Prague and the areas of the country I traveled in were kind of falling apart. Lots of construction though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links