CZ Rami anybody else think it's a great gun

This is a discussion on CZ Rami anybody else think it's a great gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been shooting my new Rami Poly at the range. I can't tell you how much fun it is to shoot. After having a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have been shooting my new Rami Poly at the range. I can't tell you how much fun it is to shoot. After having a PM9 this thing is a pleasure. No malfunctions at all. About 300 rds down range so far. Tommorrow hope to put another 200 and then it will be my cc.
    I think that the CZ line is very underrated, I had a 75BD which I loved but had to sell because it was just to big for my small hands. I heard they are coming out with a polymer frame with adjustable back straps that I will be all over when released.

Sorry no pic's can't get the camera to work.

VIP Member
    I have a RAMI .40 cal, and wife has a RAMI 9mm. We love them both! I carry a CZ P-06 as my EDC and a P-01 as my secondary gun during cold weather. My RAMI .40 will again adorn my hip as the weather gets warmer. I agree the CZ guns are under rated, but only by those who haven't shot them.

My alloy 9mm RAMI is my new favorite carry gun. I've had it about 4 months and everything else has been sitting in the safe. It shoots awesome, accurate, 0 malfs, solid as a tank, and just carries great. Lets not let everyone in on the greatness of CZ's, it'll keep them cheap. I've been through sub compact Glocks,XD's,M&P's,...etc and there was always something I didn't like about each of them. I have zero complaints with the RAMI.

I'd love to try one out someday. Something about those stainless bi-tone
    ones just looks really good..

Not only are they underrated, but they are priced quite reasonable too.

I have a CZ RAMI .40, and think it's a great gun!

OP, I take it that yours is a 9mm?

I had a Rami in 9mm about 2 years ago. I did not have it long....

I really like the gun, it fit my hand very well and was very accurate.

The issue I had was the rounds would nose dive on the feed ramp and it would jam. I should of kept it and tried to work out the bugs. I put at least 600 rounds through it and the issue never fixed its self.

After I got rid of it I found that the mag springs had issues and it could of been an easy fix.

It is good to hear that the new ones are good now. If I was in the market for a new 9mm cc gun I would look at the rami again.

I've got a CZ RAMI P 9mm, I love the thing. Gun is built very well and solid. Haven't shot that much through it but I have had a few FTFeeds, think it is magazine related with the 14 rounder, mag spring feels weaker than the 10 round mag.
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

EAJ
    I've got a alloy CZ RAMI 9mm, which I'm happy with. Haven't had any issues with OE 10 round mag's, or the 14 round mag's used in the CZ 75 Compacts. I modified a few Springfield XD Pearce Grip Extensions (PG-XD) to fit the 10 round mag, which allows my pinky to wrap more securely around the pistol grip. I understand that some of the earlier .40 cal RAMI's had issues.

Here's a little more info for you RAMI fans.
    Last edited by EAJ; April 10th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Thumbs up Welcome to the club

About 6 months ago, I was browsing through my local Gander Mountain (dangerous I know) and I noticed they were having a huge sale on "discontinued" and "clearance" handguns. Of course, I had to check it out.

I had been casually looking for a CZ 75b for over a year after reading lots of good internet musings about it. Lo and behold, they actually had one with a retail price of $599. After taking a look at it, I asked if it might be a part of the sale? Not sure why, but it was and it rung up at $409. Wow, needless to say, I went home with this sturdy weapon.

Upon closer inspection, I was amazed at how well this thing is put together. Personally, I think it is on par with American made 1911s costing between $1000 and $2000. But how would it shoot?

To make a long story short, I've got a 1000 rounds through it without one hiccup! Incredibly reliable! Moreover, this little gem is the most accurate 9mm I've got in my considerable arsenal. I've had numerous folks come up to me at the shooting range asking me what exactly it is. (Not real popular down here in Florida.)

Anyhow, the point of all this is that I can't wait to get my hands on a RAMI!!!! Again, I've been looking all over the place locally (including the March gun show) and I haven't been able to find one anywhere. Glad to hear you're enjoying yours. Hope to join you in the near future. (Also looking for a stainless CZ 75b Compact) I'm a true believer!

Tanners used to have stainless RAMI P's on gunbroker for $350 but I don't seem them up there anymore, maybe try giving them a call?

Tanner's Sport Center

Purchased 2 firearms from them, great!
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

Administrator
    I dont know anything about the Rami, but CZ's in general are very under rated.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I dont know anything about the Rami, but CZ's in general are very under rated.
    I don't know if I'd say underrated, because just about everyone that has experience with them, rates them very high!

I guess just not as popular, but definitely growing in popularity, they are common to see at all gun shows, and a large percentage of my local dealers now!

Don't know much about the CZ line, but I have 'heard' positive things...

The only important issue is that you found a weapon that YOU like, and it works well for YOU...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benderx4 View Post
    (Also looking for a stainless CZ 75b Compact) I'm a true believer!

Unfortunately CZ does not make the 75 Compact in stainless. It is available in satin nickel though. I have one along with a P-01, P-06, RAMI 9mm and RAMI 40.
    Next CZ will probably be a 75B in stainless. That is the only gun they make in stainless at the current time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links