HK usp for CCW?

This is a discussion on HK usp for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello folks, new here so forgive me if this has been discussed. I did research some older posts and couldn't find anything. Anyone here carry ...

Thread: HK usp for CCW?

HK usp for CCW?

Hello folks, new here so forgive me if this has been discussed. I did research some older posts and couldn't find anything.

Anyone here carry a full size USP for CCW? Just curious as I have a usp .40 and was thinking about getting a holster for it. If you do carry a usp is it comfy, how do you carry it and what type of holster? I'm 5-9 175 and always wear loose baggy clothes. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I carry my USP 40 for winter time now. I did IWB carry it when I first started CCw'ing (cheap nylon holster), but now use a 1911 for summer. I have 2 holsters for it , a old Strong 3 slot pancake ,but mostly use my Blackhawk Serpa with the paddle. The USP is a decent size gun , but can be concealed under a med . weight shirt.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have A compact and A full size.I've carried the fullsize in my supertuck before. There not that bad. You need a cover garment, since the grip prints A lot.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have a friend at work who wears his in all but the hottest weather.

Compact USP easier to conceal

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbtide View Post
    Anyone here carry a full size USP for CCW? Just curious as I have a usp .40 and was thinking about getting a holster for it. If you do carry a usp is it comfy, how do you carry it and what type of holster? I'm 5-9 175 and always wear loose baggy clothes.
    I have a full size USP in .45 and a compact USP in .40. In the past I have tried carrying both of them. I would say the full size USP is a challenge to conceal, in that the gun has a large grip and fairly wide slide compared to most handguns. It is not a heavy gun, however, due to the polymer frame. If your clothes are indeed "loose and baggy" you probably could pull it off. The gun is reliable and well made, so it is a good choice from a quality standpoint.

I did carry my USP compact .40 for awhile, and it is much easier to conceal than the full size model. The shorter grip helps a lot in this regard. I think there are quite a few people using a compact USP for CCW. Here is a picture of the gun and my favorite holster setup, a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard OWB rig:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Thank you very much for your replies. I thought that would be the case. I need to go to a show and find a dealer that would be willing to trade me a compact version for my full size then. Thanks again for your answers.

I have been carrying a full size HK USP .45 for quite a while now. But as I got older, the gun got heavier. I switched to a Glock 30. You can carry the full size no doubt.
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Links