Does anyone here CC a .44 mag or bigger?

This is a discussion on Does anyone here CC a .44 mag or bigger? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ti Carry he also has a pocket BUG but I can't remember what it is/was. Ti 8" S&W 44 magnum?? Cloudpeak...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here CC a .44 mag or bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    he also has a pocket BUG but I can't remember what it is/was.
    Ti
    8" S&W 44 magnum??

Cloudpeak

2. Remove Ads

Cupcake,

You're absolutely right--June 2008, page 8. He did another one an issue or two prior about overpenetration.

Cheers,
    Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Danger Mouse,

Since I'm the only person who has admitted (so far) to carrying a .44 Mag, I'll assume your question was directed at me. Alaska is grizzly country, and the .44 Mag is even considered underpowered by some. As for overpenetration, I switched to .44 Special for in-town use, rather than carrying an extra pistol.

Cheers,
    Herk
    Now you are one that has a legitimate reason to carry a .44 magnum as does anyone else who lives in big bear country. You're the person I was really talking about and not just hikers and backpackers. I think the fact could be made known to a jury that a handgun was carried for self protection against humans and large dangerous animals and that doing so does not make you a bloodthirsty maniac.

Chum I sure wouldn't want to be shot with either a .44 or a .45. In fact I don't even want to be shot by a BB gun. I am sure people have carried a big bore revolver concealed at some point and especially those who live in colder climates. It is not a magnum but I am planning on getting a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special in the near future for wintertime carry.

CC a .44 mag

CRZY4GUNS- I carry at times,a S&W 696. Along with my 5-shot speed strips. 5-rounds of 44spl and a reload are plenty. I understand the new CA Bull Dog is a nice piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Danger Mouse,

Since I'm the only person who has admitted (so far) to carrying a .44 Mag, I'll assume your question was directed at me. Alaska is grizzly country, and the .44 Mag is even considered underpowered by some. As for overpenetration, I switched to .44 Special for in-town use, rather than carrying an extra pistol.

Cheers,
    Herk
    sorry, my mistake. yes I would say probably under powered in that case. I was referring to here in the states. Something that big is ridiculous. There is a lot of places here that hold YOU responsible for where your rounds go.
    Think twice
    Buy once!

bae
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    I was referring to here in the states. Something that big is ridiculous.
    I presume then that a rifle or shotgun used for self defense would be "ridiculous" as well?

I've carried my 3 inch 629 concealed while traveling to my hiking area or hunting area. It's not my ideal defense against a human dirt bag gun.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I presume then that a rifle or shotgun used for self defense would be "ridiculous" as well?
    OK, let me rephrase:
    Too big for conceal carry in most parts of the states due to the over penetration factor involved whereby innocent parties may be struck by projectiles exiting from the BG body, or by rounds fired too high, too low, too far right, too far left to strike the BG thereby flying through the air and possibly penetrating gypsum covered cellulose building materials striking the occupants inside whereby the garments worn by the occupants are insufficiently designed to stop a projectile by dispersing the projectiles energy causing bodily harm and or death.

But not too big for Alaskans who fear bears and or any other animals who's natural instinct is to fight or attack when provoked to do so due to the protection of their territory, their young who at the time of threat where too young to defend themselves, protecting their food supply, or due to hunger that makes them delirious enough to mistake a human for their natural dieting habits.

The afore mentioned shotgun/riffle may be a good conceal carry firearm for those who experience an unnatural growth spurt due to an overactive gland that produces an extremely high level of HGH, or may also be caused by an underlying medical condition such as multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN-1), McCune-Albright syndrome (MAS), neurofibromatosis, or Carney complex. In any case the derived height acquired may be suitable for the conceal shotgun/riffle carry. But I have yet to see a good conceal holster for the shotgun/rifle.

Hope I got it right this time
    Think twice
    Buy once!

VIP Member
    I don't carry anything bigger than a .44 Mag, but do carry the Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Spec. I carry it about two or three times a week depend on wardrobe. When wearing a tuck in shirt and no sport coat or suit coat I carry it in my right front pocket. If, like today, I have a sport coat (or suit coat) on I carry it in a K&D Laredo OWB. The other days I carry a S&W 10mm.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-revolver.html

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...more-pics.html

Cupcake, Harold Fish, the 10mm shooter, several things against him: a poor attorney and a judge that disallowed a lot of important evidence. The last I heard was that the appeal had been submitted and the state given four months to respond. I try to check in on this case every month or so.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I carry at times,a S&W 696. Along with my 5-shot speed strips. 5-rounds of 44spl and a reload are plenty. I understand the new CA Bull Dog is a nice piece.
    who makes 44 cal. speed strips?

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    We once had a member here from Florida who claimed he carried a S&W .500 Magnum concealed. He was always asking about holsters, speed loaders, defensive loads for the .500 Mag, etc., etc., etc.

He finally just faded away, because he probably figured out nobody was taking him seriously.

A concealed S&W X Frame? In Florida's climate? Right...

Big Ego problem, there.
    Do they make ankle holsters for Howitzers?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I carry a S&W Mountian Gun in .44 magnum when I take walks in the mornings. I keep it conceled as to not upset anyone. I live in the mountians. We have bear and mountian lion visits. With the right ammo you won't have over penetration.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Cupcake, Harold Fish, the 10mm shooter, several things against him: a poor attorney and a judge that disallowed a lot of important evidence. The last I heard was that the appeal had been submitted and the state given four months to respond. I try to check in on this case every month or so.
    I don't question any of that. I think the judge should be imprisoned for being a poopyhead, but the fact remains that it was successfully used against the guy. Do let us know if the guy gets or wins his appeal.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

CC a .44 mag

Quote Originally Posted by jjwestbrook View Post
    who makes 44 cal. speed strips?

I do.PM me for info.

Blademan21

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links