Beretta 92F

This is a discussion on Beretta 92F within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've carried my 92f at times. I use a FIST K1 IWB or bellyband. The 92f is heavy, real heavy. This is a draw back. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta 92F

I've carried my 92f at times. I use a FIST K1 IWB or bellyband. The 92f is heavy, real heavy. This is a draw back. My suggestion is get what works and stick with it. Switching around only makes for confusion if you ever need it.

2. Remove Ads

New Member Array phillips david k's Avatar
    I have carried a Beretta 92FS for several years. The holster I prefer is a FLETCH high ride. It keeps the weapon close to your body. It is easily concealed with open shirt or lite jacket. Mine is also equipped with Crimson Trace Laser Grips. It has never jammed on me and I have shot everything; Russian, Mid-East, Japanese, American, high priced competition, $4 box Wal-Mart, and reloads from a very bored USAF Major. It has been low maintenence, reliable, and like a close friend. Be safe. God Bless Texas.

Changing the direction of the conversation a bit...

I will soon be carrying my 92F (not FS). Do I really need to worry about the slide coming off on recoil, or do I need to look for other options for carry? Were there that many accidents where the slide flew back?

Exclamation Slides Flying OFF a M92?

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeState1977
    Changing the direction of the conversation a bit...

I will soon be carrying my 92F (not FS). Do I really need to worry about the slide coming off on recoil, or do I need to look for other options for carry? Were there that many accidents where the slide flew back?
    I have NEVER heard of that kind of slide failure on any Beretta let alone the 92 series. I mean the SEALs had a deal several years ago when Team #6 complained (in public) that they were suffering cracked slides and then it turned out that besides the fact they were shooting something like 8-10 THOUSAND rounds per WEEK per gun...they had a batch of slides with poor tempering or something. Anyway, Beretta fixed that one. I haven't heard any complaints since.

You MAY be referring to an old myth based on a couple of Hollywood movies that seem to indicate that if a BG get's close enough to lay hands on the barrel of your Beretta he can work the release and neatly separate the slide group from the frame. Lethal Weapon 3 did that trick IIRC.

I carry my M92FS when I feel nolstalgic and I can wear a good sized jacket and I compete with it often in IDPA. In fact I'll be taking it to the State match in June.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Had one many "mango seasons" ago. Great gun, but big for daily carry.. Shoot it (500 plus rounds and be happy). You can make it a carry gun, work at it. JUST CARRT IT.

frankmako

The gun I qualified with for my CCW was a Beretta 92F. Damn accurate and very reliable. I used a Galco Scout holster IWB (SCT202). I had no problems with IWB but I'm a bit lean so the bulky Beretta was still comfortable to wear. Also used a shoulder harness for those dress-up occasions. What I love about the Beretta 92 is the design....pretty darn simple and you don't have the barrel dropping for a reload. I really believe this helps accuracy in the long haul since there is likely to be less wear and therefore loosey goose barrel after several years of service. I have no qualms about using it for carry still, but I'm still breaking in my two 1911s and the newly acquired RAMI.

I'd buy another Beretta !
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links