Beretta 92F

This is a discussion on Beretta 92F within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings : Does anyone on here either shoot and/or carry a full-size Beretta pistol on a regular basis? If so, what is your take on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92F

Beretta 92F

Greetings :

Does anyone on here either shoot and/or carry a full-size Beretta pistol on a regular basis? If so, what is your take on them? What is the best carry rig for this pistol?Feel free to share pics.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Risque...

Don't have much exp. with the Beretta 92F, although I've shot the M9 on occasion.

I enjoyed it.

But as there are bunch of people who carry full size pistols (1911s, Glocks, and at least one Sig) I'm sure that carrying a Beretta 92 shouldn't be an issue.

Oh yeah... welcome to the forum dude :)

--Jim
    Last edited by firefighter4884; October 8th, 2005 at 06:47 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome aboard

I have shot and enjoyed a 92F but am not a Beretta fan such that I'd go that route for carry. Be interested to hear from folks here that have one tho right now I cannot remember anyone mentioning it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I had a Beretta 92FS for a few years and absolutely loved it. Was too large for me personally to carry as a concealed carry weapon, but I loved shooting it.
    Last edited by K-Man; October 10th, 2005 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Removed some comments.

Assistant Administrator
    Too large Kevin - tush! Big is good

Did you ever manage to shoot a full smilie face LOL
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Beretta

Beretta makes a high quality weapon.
    They have been making fantastic firearms for ages.
    I don't know why they are not more popular for carry here in the U.S.
    You would be fine packing any Beretta.
    They sure do have all the bugs worked out of getting a semi~auto to feed cartridges. They are some extremely reliable pistols.
    I had a nifty little Beretta 70S .22 LR & I used to pull the trigger on that doggone thing as fast as I could pull it....trying (on purpose) to get that A$$ Kickin' pistol to jam or to malfunction.
    It was an amazing little pistol. It just never stopped.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Risque007: welcome to the board.

I've occasionally carried one form of Beretta or another. I've taken to carrying, when the mood strikes me, a 92FC (actually that was my first CCW, before becoming an LEO), a 92G Vertec (now my dedicated home defense handgun thanks to my 22 round magazines and Surefire Light X200), a 92FC Type M (well, not really a full-sized Beretta), a 96F Centurion and a couple of Beretta Cougars.

With the right holsters, they are very concealable....by "right holsters" I mean, generally, a good IWB. I just picked up a McDaniels II IWB holster....perfect concealment under the right clothing for my Beretta 92/96 guns.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

When I think of Beretta I think of the service pistol everyone in the service hates and I also think of little pocket pistols in anemic calibers.

I've picked up a 92, and I admit it's a good looking gun, but for the price I'd personally rather have something else, plus the thing is just a hog. Too much gun for just a 9mm. For someone else, that might just be the ticket however.

Basically I've nothing good or bad to really say... I would like one of their old .22s sometime. That'd be fun.

Wink Beretta M92F?

Quote Originally Posted by Risque007
    Greetings :

Does anyone on here either shoot and/or carry a full-size Beretta pistol on a regular basis? If so, what is your take on them? What is the best carry rig for this pistol?Feel free to share pics.
    I use my Beretta M92F for IDPA competition only, these days. It is a superbly accurate light recoil bullet launcher. But then, paper doesn't shoot back. IDPA is important for the tactical practice not so much specific guns. Having said that, as Jeff Cooper recently said (and with which I agree): Even the most outstanding example of a 9mm handgun serves best as a badge of office. When you need a pistol, you need a real serious manstopping caliber. That's why the 1911 has made such a resurgence in the "sandbox." Troops are discovering it takes an average of three shots to drop "Hadji." That being the case, the hi-cap mag "advantage" is quickly negated.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Well yeah the 9mm cartridge sucks when you're using 115 grain ball ammunition... let those boys over there have some Hydrashoks or something and that would fix that problem.

VIP Member
    500 S&W FMJ would work if the GI's could wear Peltors.

Welcome Risque, are you thinking of purchasing, or do you already have it for your CW? I was told recently of an Alaskan bear with several 7MM slugs in him, who spent the next 72 hours devouring people, and was finally put down within feet of a man with a 9MM. The 9 has done some incredible things, but, and this is just me, I am more comfortable with a little more wiggle room for error with a 458, 338, and at the least, a 45 ACP.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    I have the Taurus PT92 AF which is their version of the 92F. Basic difference is that Taurus decided to put the safety in the frame instead of the slide and that makes it superior in that sense (can carry cocked and locked). I shot both and they are good weapons and the Taurus (loaded with HydraShoks) was my choice to carry around the house and neighborhood during Katrina.

It is a frigging anchor to carry and I only do it if I feel like going in places that might be dangerous. Any other time I carry a 8045 Mini Cougar. No Combat Tupperware for me
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I qualified with, and conceal-carried my 92F before stepping up to a 1911. I still shoot it and sometimes carry it. Have put over 15k rounds thru and never, ever had a malfunction. Jeff Cooper comments aside, I'd feel very comfortable with a 9mm for protection. I hit what I shoot at, no brag, just fact.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Talking First Rule of Gunfighting....

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    I qualified with, and conceal-carried my 92F before stepping up to a 1911. I still shoot it and sometimes carry it. Have put over 15k rounds thru and never, ever had a malfunction. Jeff Cooper comments aside, I'd feel very comfortable with a 9mm for protection. I hit what I shoot at, no brag, just fact.
    Well considering the 9mm was first designed for use in SMG's I'd agree that if you're willing to put more than one round in a BG, it can be a useful tool. I consider the 9mm at the bottom end of true defensive calibers. Anything less is a mouse caliber. Of course we all know the FIRST rule of gunfighting is....Have a GUN!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    I consider the 9mm at the bottom end of true defensive calibers.
    And yet it has been killing people for over 100 years....go figure

You gotta love the 45 v 9mm discussion
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links