Defensive Carry banner

My Colt Mustang has been confiscated!

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  michael t 
#1 ·
By Mrshonts! :lol:

Mrshonts has decided that it would be a good idea to pocket carry a gun, since he can't always conceal his K40. He has that concealment shirt with velcro-open pocket that you can use with a bellyband or shoulder rig, but it's not like he can wear the same shirt every day. He has to wear his shirt tucked in at work and he's a big guy, so waistband carry hasn't been able to work so far. He also has an ankle rig for the K40, but it's not the fastest draw, but is better than nothing. Since his job position means that sometimes he has to go to schools and government buildings, he can't carry everywhere and needs to be able to discreetly unholster.

Apparently the K40 is too big for pocket carry and so he went through my smaller guns. I only have two small guns, and that's the Mustang and my "booger picker" NAA Mini magnum. The Mustang was the best choice.

I didn't have a holster for it, but I had a nice piece of thick neoprene with the non-clip rubbery stuff on one side of it. I sewed it into a pocket holster with the no-slip side on the outside so the holster could cling to his pocket without being pulled out when the gun was drawn. I had enough material to make an extra mag slot. (Sorry, he ran off with it and the gun before I snap a picture of it.) It's not the prettiest thing, but will work well enough until we get a proper holster.

Hopefully this will work and will allow him to carry more often.

See less See more
#2 ·
I agree with you on the best choice (the Mustang) :biggrin:
That little gun packs a good punch with those 90 gr JHP rounds. It's better than smaller caliber weapons. I have a Mustang in blue, that works flawlessly. Good stiching on your part Betty. That hide-out rig should do Mr Shonts a great deal of confidence in his CCW carry method. :biggrin:

#3 ·
perhaps have him check out the Desantis tuck this or Galco deep cover holsters. I like the tuck in shirt feature, but he may find it too annoying with having to remove the gun. Draw seems to be fast enough with a bit of practice pulling up the shirt w/ the weak hand.

#5 ·
Sounds good to me that the ''confiscation'' has occurred.

Good to hear that it is a good carry option for him.

And hey MrShonts - it's about time you posted here - you are slacking! :wink:

#8 ·
Betty,

"my "booger picker" NAA Mini magnum."

I almost fell out of my chair, I was laughing so hard, when I read that one. I have heard guns called all kinds of different terms but that is a new one for me. Thank you for the great laugh.

Mike

#9 ·
tex45acp said:
Betty,

"my "booger picker" NAA Mini magnum."

I almost fell out of my chair, I was laughing so hard, when I read that one. I have heard guns called all kinds of different terms but that is a new one for me. Thank you for the great laugh.

Mike
Better than the carry method they showed on CSI. Up the rear. Ouch!

#11 ·
That little piece was the star of the movie "Assassination Tango." Now's your chance to try a P3-AT, or anything else you fancy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.