Defensive Carry banner

Sig P220 Sao

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  XD9mm 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm really trying to talk myself out of picking one of these up but I'm having a hard time. I have been keeping an eye on them for awhile and the recent article in one of the gun rags has sent me over the edge. It would be more of a home defense gun/shooter that I would probably attach a light, laser or both to the rail. I've always wanted a SIG and this seems like a perfect opportunity. I know the SAO trigger is fairly new so I doubt there will be much experience with it but how does everyone like the gun? Both pro's and con's, let me know whats up.

thanks,
Shea

#3 · (Edited)
I was in Bud's yesterday. Lemme' just say that the Sigs they're offering are an outstanding deal, and they're all in stellar condition. All of the certified 'used' guns are tuned up by Sig Sauer before reissue, and they're just as tasty as they were out of the box. Unless you're looking for a display piece, you can't go wrong! And the new items they have are much less expensive than any other retailer I've found.

Maybe Bud should hire me as a spokesman. Whatever happens, don't miss the chance to do business with 'em!

#4 ·
I had one, I was trying to get out of the "1911 box" It shot nice, but I think they could have done a better job with the trigger and a few aesthetics.

It did shoot wonderfully and carried very well in the Milt Sparks VMII that I had for it. I shot it and carried it for a month or two, but it never really won me over. I ended up selling it to fund another 1911.

What I did like about it was the fact that I could cycle the slide with the thumb safety engaged, I liked how light it was, The grip was still a little large, but It felt nice in the hand. It was boringly reliable, and quite accurate. I felt that the trigger pull was too long for a SAO style gun, and I think the safety could have been a little larger, kind of like the safety on the X5. The trigger was clean and crisp. Did I mention it was very accurate and reliable?

#5 ·
I love mine. P220R 45 TSS SAO. I traded my G30 in and gave $100. One of the best trades I've made. 200 rounds through her, and I'd be shooting it today, but will be practicing with G17 for Saturday's USPSA match. I put a solid stainless recoil rod in mine, and I wish there were rubber/fingergrove replacement grips available for this model. I ended up putting a Handall grip sleeve on until I can find the other. This pistol is accurate just as they claim. I haven't nailed down the concealed carry aspect yet--other than OWB in cold weather under a jacket or coat. I'm working with my M-Tac holster in attempts to solve this though. Have you held one yet, or just looked at them? If you were close---I'd let you shoot mine today--I'd even throw in 100 rounds for you--------but you do the cleaning afterwards. Very nice pistol IMO, and my choice for the 45ACP. Plans on getting a Taurus PT1911 soon, but I don't see that taking away the number one spot held by the SIG. By the way--I've seen these pistols go here for anywhere from $670 to $825.

#7 ·
haha, I guess I came to wrong place for getting talked OUT of buying a gun. Thanks for all of your inputs guys, you gave me the information I was looking for. Ram Rod, I have yet to hold one and have honestly never even seen one in person. I appreciate your offer and if I was much closer I would take you up on it. Judging by the sizes that are listed and way it looks in your pictures and others it seems like it would be wayy too big for me to comfortably conceal. I am going to be on the lookout for one of these locally for a while. If nothing pops up I'll take a look at Bud's and gunbroker. Thanks again for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.