Kel-Tec PF-9 or P-32?

Kel-Tec PF-9 or P-32?

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec PF-9 or P-32? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I wait for my Ruger LCP to come in, I want to pick up an interim pocket gun to alternate with the S&W 442 ...

Thread: Kel-Tec PF-9 or P-32?

Kel-Tec PF-9 or P-32?

While I wait for my Ruger LCP to come in, I want to pick up an interim pocket gun to alternate with the S&W 442 and have decided to give Kel-Tec one last try.

I will NOT be getting a P3AT; had waaaay to many issues with it!

I am looking at either a PF-9 or a P-32

What do users of either of these recommend? I'm not going with anything else and already have a J-Frame S&W. I also donít have $1100 to spend, so no comments like "Get a Rorbaugh" please!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" Ė George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    While I wait for my Ruger LCP to come in, I want to pick up an interim pocket gun to alternate with the S&W 442 and have decided to give Kel-Tec one last try.

I will NOT be getting a P3AT; had waaaay to many issues with it!

I am looking at either a PF-9 or a P-32

What do users of either of these recommend? I'm not going with anything else and already have a J-Frame S&W. I also donít have $1100 to spend, so no comments like "Get a Rorbaugh" please!
    P-32, you've already got a J-Frame.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I got a 1st gen p-32 years ago, which gave me a reliable option for unique circumstances. After KT seemed to work through some teething issues, I decided to pick-up a PF-9 and put it through a rigorous workout. I use it for work carry now. BTW, I had been looking really hard at Rohrbaugh for the same purpose and realized a trial period would be necessary to see if I'd gotten a reliable R-9 (although, from what I read, the newest models may have better Karma)...but it would be a more expensive test. Whichever KT you choose, you're gonna need to put-it-through its paces to see if you have the problems some other folks have reported.

Administrator
    The P-32 fills a unique slot that nothing else can... and its the best pistol in Kel-Tecs line up.
    "Just blame Sixto"

+ 1 on what SIXTO said. The PF9 seems to be still having issues right now, so I would wait a few more months to allow Kel-Tec to fix all of the problems.

I would agree with SIXTO. I have a P-32 and it does fill a very unique slot. It is the only firearm I own that I can slip into pocket and have it completely disappear. I used to let the caliber wars play games with my rational thinking and forced me to believe that the 32 ACP is inadequate. While this may be true comparing it to 9mm, .45, etc., 32 ACP in my pocket is much more comforting, practical, and rational than having nothing at all. I consider my M&P9c to be my EDC, but my Kel-Tec P-32 is my AC (always carry) gun. Yes, I'd rather have my M&P9c with me all the time, but due to restrictions at work and meetings with clients and review agencies, the P-32 stowes away nicely should I ever need it.

P-32 or PF-9? I personally think the PF-9 is a fairly big for pocket or deep concealment. However, you can pocket a 442; I cannot. My vote would go to the P-32.

P32 is a great little gun and will be nearly exactly the same size as the LCP. The PF9 is larger and thicker than the P32 and IMHO is a step up in power. I have all 4 kel-tecs and have no problems with any of them.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

The P32 is very similar to the LCP in size and function, just a bit less power. Why not get the PF9 and get something more powerful than the LCP yet different, and also different than the J-frame?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Distinguished Member
    I will give a thumbs up for the PF-9, not pocket carry material, but you have that coming.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Sponsored Links