Today's the big day!!!

This is a discussion on Today's the big day!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats on the birthday and the gun! I held the exact same model today as I drooled over it at the gun shop. It was ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today's the big day!!!

Congrats on the birthday and the gun! I held the exact same model today as I drooled over it at the gun shop. It was priced at $629, so I'm going to look around a bit more. From everything I've read about that model, I expect it to be a good shooter and reasonable to carry. Too bad I don't live near your store.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Congrats on the birthday and the gun! I held the exact same model today as I drooled over it at the gun shop. It was priced at $629, so I'm going to look around a bit more. From everything I've read about that model, I expect it to be a good shooter and reasonable to carry. Too bad I don't live near your store.
    whew $629 is definitely steep. it is the MSRP, but stores never stick to that, and usually prices are a good $50-100 lower. I would definitely not have this gun right now if it had been priced much closer to $600, I already spent $75 more than I planned plus another $50 in rental/range fees shooting the glocks. you could always find a good local shop that handles transfers and order one off gunbroker.com or even impactguns.com.

EDIT: dear sweet jesus i just spent $700 today between the gun store and the walmart trip...

that's like 3 weeks pay!

Quote Originally Posted by mrhutch View Post
    whew $629 is definitely steep. it is the MSRP, but stores never stick to that
    It was at Cabella's in St. Louis... I'll check a local gun store when I have a chance. I'm sure I can find it cheaper. I agree with you--$629 is high.

Administrator
    Smart choice. Nice gun. Happy belated birthday.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Congratulations. Big day, indeed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Happy Birthday to YOU!!! ( a little late)

Nice... I think a gun that size is best chambered in .45. A big, slow truck of a bullet that's very effective; and in my book, a must for any collection.

The 10+1/13+1 carry option in a full-length pistol is pretty wild.

That 3 weeks worth of pay could add , many number of years if ever needed !!! Practice!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    That 3 weeks worth of pay could add , many number of years if ever needed !!! Practice!
    oh trust me it's worth it. i just didn't add up the numbers in my head as i was spending lol, and i think that's the most cash i've ever dropped in one day. i'll be buying another in the next few months... i have to save up to take the girlfriend on that florida vacation i promised first though :/.

at least i'll be able to carry in florida too :)

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Enjoy that XD. I daily carry the 4" barreled version. Good choice on your part. Be safe and practice all you can.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mike_1 View Post
    Enjoy that XD. I daily carry the 4" barreled version. Good choice on your part. Be safe and practice all you can.
    Mike
    headed to the range in about an hour or so :)

once my range credits i received from purchasing the gun wears off, i may decide to invest in a 1,000 round bulk lot of cci or blazer to help save some $--right now 50 rounds a week is going to cost me $100 a month in ammo/range time ($18 for ammo, $5 for 1/2 hour range time each week). the lives of myself and my loved ones are worth well over $100 a month, but when you make $9 an hour at a part time job that kinda adds up...

EDIT: oh wow, i just did the math and the "house ammo" at my range is .02 cents a round cheaper than the cheapest bulk box i could find (that wasn't wolf... damn steel cases), plus i get a $3/half hour discount if i buy ammo from the range. looks like i'll be eating a few more frozen pizzas every month. oh well, the weight i gain will help hide the big .45 a little better

Well happy birthday
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Dang......I've got shoes older than that!

Happy Birthday. You've got your head on straight (for a kid) if you're buying an XD instead of a bottle of Ripple. Wait...do they even MAKE Ripple anymore?!!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

VIP Member
    Glad you had a good Birthday. Sounds like your on top of the WORLD. I have the XD-4" in 9 mm. They are great guns. Enjoy and be safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links