Trying to decide on a new EDC.

This is a discussion on Trying to decide on a new EDC. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a 642, a Keltec P3AT, a Ruger LCP, an SP101 and a Kahr MK9, if I had to pick one, only one for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to decide on a new EDC.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have a 642, a Keltec P3AT, a Ruger LCP, an SP101 and a Kahr MK9, if I had to pick one, only one for pocket/IWB, it would be a toss up between the 642 and the Ruger LCP.

The SP101 and MK9 are GREAT weapons but they aren't pocket carry fodder unless you're huge.

The P3AT is great pocket carry but IMHO not as reliable as the Ruger LCP.

I love my J frame and my new LCP. The cylinder bulge is much more uncomfortable in the pocket than the LCP. You said you already have a Keltec so you have .380, therefore, the only logical choice in my opinion is the Kahr PM9

It can be pocket carried but in an IWB tuckable it would also disappear, you have a 9mm, accurate gun with no controls etc. it's flat/thin, etc. Better capacity at the 6 + 1, etc. Only think you'll notice is that it'll be a tad snappy with some muzzle flip, especially with +P ammo and it won't be too comfortable for all day at the range.

2. Remove Ads

While I don't have the Ruger LCP yet, I did own a Kel Tec P3AT which is identical. I have a Glock 26 and I used to own a S&W 642. So between the 3 guns my vote goes to the LCP as it is the lightest and thinnest. If the .380 is not enough, then the S&W 642 is the next logical choice. The Glock 26 is not hard at all to conceal and would be the better overall edc pistol. Another possibility is the Kahr CW9 9mm, as it would fit your requirements for price, concealment, and more power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links