Ruger LCP in stock

Ruger LCP in stock

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP in stock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If anyone is looking for one, I was in Guns and Things in North Augusta, SC this morning and they have a new LCP in ...

Ruger LCP in stock

If anyone is looking for one, I was in Guns and Things in North Augusta, SC this morning and they have a new LCP in stock for $299.99.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I like their looks, but I think I'd wait until they have been around for a year or two...let potential problems be worked out...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    WoodLark thank you for the info,but with the price of gas and the drive from CT. I think it would cost a little more than 299.99 LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    WoodLark thank you for the info,but with the price of gas and the drive from CT. I think it would cost a little more than 299.99 LOL.
    Tell me about it. The price of gas is getting positively obscene !

VIP Member
    3.61 a Gallon[REG] in CT yesterday.

Got mine already, and love it, but I see the price is starting to come down a bit!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Talking North to Augusta

Thanks, WoodLark...
    I'm gonna call 'em Monday morning and see if it's still there. The drive from Charleston to Augusta is quite scenic, especially knowing I have a new pocket heat-maker for the trip home!
    FNP 45, Glock 36, Ruger GP-100, Ruger Service-Six (.357), Ruger SR9, Walther PPS (9mm),S&W 642, Ruger LCP, Olympic Arms AR15,H&K 12gauge and a big-ass wrench.
    A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week. ----Patton

I thought the first 8,000,000 LCP's were already sold and paid for just waiting on shipment. How can anyone have one in stock available to the public for list price?

I did see one in a gunshop Friday but it had a sold sticker on it. I am going to wait until the new wears off and we get some unbiased reports about it before I trade my P3AT in on an unknown just so I can have the latest model. Early reports I read said that they were even able to duplicate the smiley problem, from the P3AT to the LCP.

Smiley?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Early reports I read said that they were even able to duplicate the smiley problem, from the P3AT to the LCP.
    FN1910,
    Pardon my ignorance if it is common knowledge, but what is the smiley problem to which you refer?
    FNP 45, Glock 36, Ruger GP-100, Ruger Service-Six (.357), Ruger SR9, Walther PPS (9mm),S&W 642, Ruger LCP, Olympic Arms AR15,H&K 12gauge and a big-ass wrench.
    A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week. ----Patton

There is no smiley issue with the LCPs. It does chew up brass, if you have one of the early release models, before they modified productoin and the new ones don't have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by macy8 View Post
    FN1910,
    Pardon my ignorance if it is common knowledge, but what is the smiley problem to which you refer?
    Smileys

This article explains it pretty well but basically it is the feed ramp hitting the bullets causing a "smile" in the nose of bullets. I don't know how much of a problem it really is and I haven't checked my P3AT to see if I get them or not. I just know I have had the first problem with mine feeding anything I have put through it.

Picked it up...

I drove up to Augusta and bought the Ruger LCP from Guns and Things...Thanks again, WoodLark. Very nice guys and quick transaction.

Shot the little piece on the way home. Fits the pocket-heat bill perfectly: accurate, reliable (75 Blazers @95g) and mucho concealable.

I'm gonna search this forum, but my only problem with the LCP is the slide-hold open. What's the secret to getting it to catch?

...but my only problem with the LCP is the slide-hold open. What's the secret to getting it to catch?
    I found that it just takes a little practice. Assuming you are a righty, use your right thumb while holding the slide open with your left hand. It is hard when it's new, but I've been doing it for practice every night for a few weeks.

I admit the lock should have been a little more pronounced, but it just take a little practice, and maybe a fingernail until you get the hang of it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Odd slide hold open

Jon,
    Thanks...I used a small screwdriver until my thumbnail grows back in. Glad it works. Nice little gun!

I drove up to Augusta and bought the Ruger LCP from Guns and Things...Thanks again, WoodLark. Very nice guys and quick transaction.

Shot the little piece on the way home. Fits the pocket-heat bill perfectly: accurate, reliable (75 Blazers @95g) and mucho concealable.

I'm gonna search this forum, but my only problem with the LCP is the slide-hold open. What's the secret to getting it to catch?
    Yeah, the are nice, I've bought a couple of guns from them. If they had the LCP when I bought my P3AT, I would have bought it instead. Was looking at a Ruger P345 there Saturday, but ended up buying a Bersa Thunder 45 elsewhere.

Enjoy your LCP!

Links