Defensive Carry banner

What would you choose?

3K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  Cakewalk 
#1 ·
If you had your choice between a stainless Walther PPK/S or a blued Sig 232 for a carry gun, which would you get? Both are the same caliber (.380), and roughly the same price (232 is a little higher). The Walther has the advantage of being stainless which would be good for corrosion resistance in an all-day carry situation, but it's reliability is not as consistent as the Sig. The Sig has a more reliable reputation, but it's a alloy frame which is not as durable as stainless, and it has a blued finish which can lead to corrosion in humid weather and extended holster wear.

If those were your only two options, which would you choose, and why?

#2 ·
Sig!! There finish is pretty hard..keep it clean and you want have a problem.

#3 ·
SIG.... the name says it all, and I think you already know that is the correct choice. Keep it cleaned and oiled and feed it regularly, and it will treat you nicely.

#13 ·
Have both...guess I would go to the PPK for looks but shoot the Sig

#20 ·
Interesting replys. Actually, I'm not looking for either. I'd rather stay with a .38/.357 revolver, but I was bored last night and started to think (a bad habit of mine) and wondered what people thought about the difference between a heavier stainless vs a lighter alloy blued automatic. The Sig/Walther choice was made because they're similar designs and prices. If money were no object and I wanted one, I'd go for the all stainless Sig 232 personally.

#21 ·
I won't pick your gun for you but, I will tell you that the durability of the SIG alloy frame should not even be a deciding factor.
Even in .45acp it is a non-issue.
Or...for that matter the durability of the finish on the SIG alloy which is incredibly hard and tough.
Presented just as an added FYI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.