I fired my new Ruger LCP today for the first time. Here are my thoughts:
* I fired 50 rounds of Winchester, 95 grain FMJ,.380 Auto (white box).
* The pistol ran with no problems for the 50 rounds.
* My shot groups were tight at 10 feet and 25 feet, but all groups were high.
* I attribute the high shooting to the "tough to see sites". I was aiming high.
* When I put on my reading glasses (I could now see the sights) and shot a group, it was right on center.
* I will dab nail polish or something on the site posts to see them better.
* The pistol is "snappy", but easy to control.
* Breakdown and cleaning was very easy.
* This is not a range gun.
* I want to shoot it enough to get used to it and ensure it is reliable.
* I will carry it occasionally, when something very small is called for.
* I plan to run 2 or 3 different JHP's through it to check reliability.
* For the money, and for what it is, I am satisfied so far.