Looks like it is going to be an XD in 9mm

This is a discussion on Looks like it is going to be an XD in 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The XD 9 is a great choice and I feel much superior to a Glock. I have an XD 45 compact and just love it. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like it is going to be an XD in 9mm

The XD 9 is a great choice and I feel much superior to a Glock. I have an XD 45 compact and just love it. You can never have to many guns.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I used to have an XD9 Service pistol. It's a good gun and will serve you well. I sold mine because of the older rust prone finish, and the lack of available spare parts switched me over to Glock. I just don't like the idea of having to send in my carry gun to get it repaired.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

The XD9 is a great choice, but don't discount the .45 just because you're a "small guy". I'm only 5'7" and have zero difficulty shooting a .45. I've known women a lot smaller than me who also have no trouble with it.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

After getting to shoot a friends 4" XD-45 compact last summer I went straight in to the gun store and purchased my own. This is one of the most "shootable" .45s I have ever shot, my wife is 5'2" and 120lbs. and loves to shoot this powerhouse, and agrees with me that it's recoil is less than alot of the 9mm we have shot. Remember if you get in to a real defensive situation your goal is to put an immediate stop to the threat, I'll choose a .45 over a 9mm any day of the week.

" I held the Glock 19 and hated how it felt in my hand, then tried the XD9 Service, which is equivilent to the G19, and the XD just felt great."

question for EW3. do you mean to say that the xd9 service is equivalent to the G19 in purpose (i.e., the more compact version compared with the 5 inch xd9 tactical akin to G17 or do you mean to say that the xd9 is equivalent to G19 in dimensions. I asked because i have always thought of the xd9 service as a full size pistol. do you have any pics that compare them side by side?
    thanks.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

I've compared the G19 and the XD-9 Service many times side by side and the XD-9 is significantly bigger all around. It's not a lot, but the XD is just a little bit blockier and larger in all dimensions. I greatly prefer the grip on the XD, but think the Glock would conceal better.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I love my xd9! I have the subcompact, with the trijicon night sights. Those night sights are great. I couldn't be happier...unless it was a prettier gun! Never had a problem with it or any of the others I've shot, in any caliber.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    My EDC is a XD9sc. Just about the ideal ccw weapon. Easy and economical to shoot and spot-on accurate. With practice 4" groups at 25 yards is no problem.

Also very easy to conceal.

[I will probably get three. A subcompact for carry, a 4" for HD and a tactical for IPSC matches. (I am also thinking, depending on the election, it may just be harder to get them, so buy now, buy often.)]

exactly - I have 3 XDs. A subcompact 40 cal for carry, a 9mm service for HD, and a 9mm tactical for IPSC. The tactical has a 3 lb trigger job and barsto barrel from Springer. I recently bought an STI Edge for IPSC so I may be interested in selling my XD tactical. Also, I think XDs are great guns and I went the XD route instead of Glock because they just fell a lot better in my hands. They are also very reliable guns.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    When I do things, I kinda go hog wild. It is good I don't have a wife to reign me in sometimes, but if I buy one, I will probably get three. A subcompact for carry, a 4" for HD and a tactical for IPSC matches. (I am also thinking, depending on the election, it may just be harder to get them, so buy now, buy often.)
    Sorry for my last post. I didn't know how to quote "exactly" until this post. Hopefully this post will make more sense.

exactly - I have 3 XDs. A subcompact 40 cal for carry, a 9mm service for HD, and a 9mm tactical for IPSC. The tactical has a 3 lb trigger job and barsto barrel from Springer. I recently bought an STI Edge for IPSC so I may be interested in selling my XD tactical. Also, I think XDs are great guns and I went the XD route instead of Glock because they just fell a lot better in my hands. They are also very reliable guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links