kimber, kimber

This is a discussion on kimber, kimber within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would hate to face a prosecuting attorney with any firearm that had trigger work done to make it lighter than the factory pull ....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kimber, kimber

Distinguished Member
    I would hate to face a prosecuting attorney with any firearm that had trigger work done to make it lighter than the factory pull .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    The trigger is way to light for carry. If that's a consistant 50 yard group, it's outstanding. I'd get rid of everything except for the slide and frame. I never would trust MIM and plastic with my life if the Kimber name is on it since I've seen and heard of too many failures.
    If you ever decide to buy a Kimber send me all the junk parts... In Fact, this goes out to all of the people who read this post... Ill take those cheap, brittle, easily breakable MIM parts...
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... The answer to criminal aggression is retaliation."-- Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC.

"We didn't fight our way all the way to the top of the food chain to become vegetarians."-- Unknown

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45disco View Post
    i did point out the smooth bore to the shop and they said i was right and were going to send it back, as far as the trigger goes, it is were i like it, half of the stock, which according to kimber is 4-5, so i calculate 2-2.5. (little over excitement) i will have to test it though to be sure, as i have done lots of rifles. and yes the distance was 50yds +
    have the target if you want it, shot low and left consistant, but groups none the less.
    jim
    Did you try 45 cal shot shell to check grouping?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

You wanta be careful with any gun that if you pull the trigger may fire more than once,there is a guy being prosecuted for having a machine gun due to IIRC a worn sear,he borrowed the gun to shoot and at the gun range the weapon fired a short burst LEO at the range approached him and his weapon was confiscated ATF ran tests got it to fire more than 1 shot with a single trigger pull and DA said under the law you have an automatic weapon and filed charges
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunterII View Post
    Yes, good suggestions... keep the good parts, the slide... frame...barrel and the cheaply made plastic mainspring housing that comes stock on just about every kimber...

Please, know what you are talking about (Yes, this means the stock firearm in question as well) if you are going to spout out suggestions.

Just my opinion but I would get rid of the MSH and get a steel one.

If you ever decide to buy a Kimber send me all the junk parts... In Fact, this goes out to all of the people who read this post... Ill take those cheap, brittle, easily breakable MIM parts...
    Are you waxing sarcastic and insulent, simply because I didn't suggest pulling the MSH (if plastic, I certainly do), or because I called a spade a spade and impuned the substandard, Indian MIM parts in your gun? I'm not saying the guns are patently bad, depending upon intended use, nor declaring endemic issues. Simply, that when considering modding the gun, use quality parts. How that speaks to knowing, or not knowing of whence I speak, seems unclear.

I'm sorry, but I can't send you all the parts I've pulled out of Kimbers, Springers, Armscors, Norks, Para's, Taurus' and others of similar pedigree. They all go straight in the circular file. However, I know of several pistolsmiths who do keep them, albeit in a different drawer. Check around, I'm sure that at least a few will take you up on your request to rehome. Best of luck.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links