Range report PT145 with a twist...

This is a discussion on Range report PT145 with a twist... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally got to have some quality time with my new Taurus, only put 60 rounds through it between me and the wife, but will be ...

Thread: Range report PT145 with a twist...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Range report PT145 with a twist...

Finally got to have some quality time with my new Taurus, only put 60 rounds through it between me and the wife, but will be going back soon.

Found some 45 ammo I had in storage since I sold my only 45 a few years ago. Lots of Blazer, some CorBon, SXT, Starfire.

Fired 11 of the new Gold Dot carry ammo and 50 old Blazers with one issue.

Wife went to cycle slide on a new magazine, and she was holding the weapon with top horizontal left (think Gangsta style) so she could work the slide... got a stovepipe of a full cartridge pointing right and slightly up from the ejection port. Attribute this to her not releasing the slide and letting it do it's job.

Yes the pseudo Heinie sights shoot a bit low, although not all the time. Need to work on this some more. Wonder why they just don't fix this problem...

Thought the wife was going to procure this weapon since she's been toting my full size HK USP 40 for awhile, but she doesn't like it, so I get to keep my pocket companion. Yeah! (Yes I know, I know, but at least she lets me have some kind of gun!)

Otherwise no problems until clean up time...

Followed disassembly instructions to the letter, although they are slightly vague.

"With slide locked, remove takedown pin, then slowly move slide forward, taking slide off frame while depressing trigger."

OK so when exactly do you depress the trigger?

I ask this because I had a little problem. Once the slide came about 5mm forward of battery, it locked up. Could move it minimally back and forth but seemed to be butting up against metal both ways. Was able to push chamber down a bit but that didn't help matters. Once my panic subsided I started thinking. After a few more attempts at moving the slide, and resisting the temptation to get my hammer, I grasped the trigger and pulled it forward. CLICK! Now I can cycle the slide! Once again try disassembly. Same problem. Pull trigger forward again, cycle slide, attempt disassembly. Now it comes a little further forward but stops again, this time due to fouling, as I was able to coax it off. Sure was dirty in there. Keep in mind I never cleaned it from the factory, so I had shipping gunk, Gold Dot gunk and Blazer gunk all commingled. After this point it was just a matter of completing the cleanup, and things went fine to completion.

I also noted that the manual said nothing about having to push the small spring down that was in front of the takedown pin hole in order to replace the pin. I pushed it down as it was more on the down side. Seems to work OK.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Yes the pseudo Heinie sights shoot a bit low, although not all the time. Need to work on this some more. Wonder why they just don't fix this problem...

Followed disassembly instructions to the letter, although they are slightly vague.

"With slide locked, remove takedown pin, then slowly move slide forward, taking slide off frame while depressing trigger."

OK so when exactly do you depress the trigger?

I also noted that the manual said nothing about having to push the small spring down that was in front of the takedown pin hole in order to replace the pin. I pushed it down as it was more on the down side. Seems to work OK.
    i've only had 1 FTL through probably around 300 rounds or so. i fired one then the slide locked back on the second one but i just pulled back and let it go and it cycled so i really didnt know what it could have been. 1 insn;t 300 is enough to worry me.

i believe you can get nite sights from factory, but aftermarket ones are available. now to disassembly...

when the slide is back and you remove the takedown pin just pull back on the slide a little bit and let it return to its normal position(while still holding onto the slide, and not letting it slam forward), then pull the trigger and pull the slide off. thats how i do it and have no trouble with it.

you can use the notched side of the pin to push the spring down enough to get the pin back in with a little twisting.

Links