Compensators - Page 2

This is a discussion on Compensators within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's baggage as others have said....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compensators

Senior Moderator
    It's baggage as others have said.

VIP Member

642 comment

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett4x4 View Post

I hear you on the adrenaline thing, but the flip side is if it kicks less then she'll probably enjoy shooting it and practice with it more.

While I was shooting my newly acquired 642 at the indoor range, I did notice the flame (and heat), so I can imagine what a comp will do.

The above just shows how different everyone is. I was not bothered at all by the 642. My son complained about his wrist after half a box--and he is much stronger than I am.

Land of 10k Lakes
    I own a Glock 23c (.40S&W compensated). It's a great gun, and can be used for home and carry, but is not recommended in a close quarters fight, unless you practice different techniques. You could be burned by the escaping gas' from the top of the barrel.

People talk about night blindness, but this is a myth. I have practice under low light conditions and it was not an issue. This might be an issue if it is totally dark, but would you really fire a gun in total darkness not knowing what it was you were aiming at - NO. And if you did you could not see anything anyways - hence you would be blind.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: DW V-Bob 1911, S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9,
    and Glock G26, G19, G23C, and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links