Ruger SR9 - Striker Indicator problem

This is a discussion on Ruger SR9 - Striker Indicator problem within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You know the striker indicator that protrudes from the back of the slide when it is ready to fire? Well mine no longer pulls back ...

Thread: Ruger SR9 - Striker Indicator problem

You know the striker indicator that protrudes from the back of the slide when it is ready to fire?

Well mine no longer pulls back in when you fire. It is always sticking out of the back now.

Has anybody had this problem?
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Hmm....That's the first I've heard of that one. Maybe they will fix it when it goes back for the recall. I have to send mine back as well.

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've read one account where someone's indicator actually broke and flew out the back of the slide. The gun should still fire w/ no problem.

I've got an issue I want Ruger to look at with my SR9. I used their Web-based Online Support Request, and got a response directing me to include a note with my gun when I return it for recall work so they can address the issue then. I plan on including that response as well as a separate note indicating what I'd like them to look at. Maybe you can do the same with your problem.

Or, as it should be a relatively easy part to replace, you can just wait and have them send you the part and replace it yourself.

-JT

Yeah that's what happened to me. It flew out the back of the slide.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    Hmm....That's the first I've heard of that one. Maybe they will fix it when it goes back for the recall. I have to send mine back as well.

Wht
    Considering the turnaround time and a free magazine, you should turn that face into a
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    Yeah that's what happened to me. It flew out the back of the slide.
    It sucks, but I wouldn't be too torn up about it. Gun should still go 'bang'. You're only the second person I've heard of who's had the issue. I'd recommend seeing if they could take care of that when you send the gun in for the recall work.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    It sucks, but I wouldn't be too torn up about it. Gun should still go 'bang'. You're only the second person I've heard of who's had the issue. I'd recommend seeing if they could take care of that when you send the gun in for the recall work.

-JT

They sent this back: "If you include a letter stating the problem you are having with your SR9 when you send it in for the retrofit, we will repair that also."

Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    They sent this back: "If you include a letter stating the problem you are having with your SR9 when you send it in for the retrofit, we will repair that also."
    Same thing they said to me, so good deal. I'm going to print out a copy of their response, as well as instructions on what I'd like them to look at and include it in whatever shipping thing they send.

I'm confident that Ruger will take care of us both.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    It sucks, but I wouldn't be too torn up about it. Gun should still go 'bang'.
    Actually I took it to the range yesterday and it didn't go 'bang' very much.

I had several misfeeds, a double feed, and the trigger wasn't resetting. I had to manually pull the trigger forward to fire the next shot about 50% of the time. I couldn't see anything wrong with it when I inspected it.

After about 20 rounds I gave up and put it away. I won't be shooting it again until after I send it in for the retrofit and repair.

So far I hate this gun. I might sell it once it's repaired. I need a reliable 9mm.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with yours.

-JT

Sponsored Links