New gun this weekend...

New gun this weekend...

This is a discussion on New gun this weekend... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I plan on purchasing another gun this weekend. And I've narrowed it down to three choices I think. Kahr CW9, Bersa Thunder, or Walther ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New gun this weekend...

New gun this weekend...

Well, I plan on purchasing another gun this weekend. And I've narrowed it down to three choices I think. Kahr CW9, Bersa Thunder, or Walther PPS. I like all three of these guns, and I might own all three of them in the future. But this weekend I'm going to pick up one of them. So, I'm here pleading for help, which one first?!?! =D

Help me make up my own mind!

Thanks,
    Dave

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    money must be no object as you have stated a list with quite a diverse price spread????

edit...really not such a variation...I was thinking the kahr was considerably more

even though I don't want to support the kahr company (personal reasons), I think they make the better of the three!

And if money is no factor, I would go with the PPS. I have a PPK and a P99 too, and both are great shooters. A PPS may also be on my get list at some point in time too. Be sure to let us know...
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

My brother is actually looking at a Bersa Thunder 9. He just likes shooting, and isn't really interested in carry. He's interested in the Bersa because he wants a metal frame gun, and he's a stickler for having a de-cocker on his guns. I've seen some good reviews of the Bersa here, but have seen some slightly less favorable reviews in other forums.

-JT

I have the Walther PPS and it is a fine gun.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

It's not really that money is no object, it's just that Pres. Bush is buying this gun for me. =D

can't go wrong with the bersa either. great value.

Just got a Kahr CW9 last week and broke it in at the range today. WOW! I love it. Not one FTF/FTE in 200+ rounds (some FMJ, various JHP's, Federal's Expanding FMJ, Cor-Bon Pow'rBall) and really accurate. Sweet trigger pull once you get used to it. And it's not really much bigger than my wife's Taurus 85 Ultra-Lite. It just replaced my CZ RAMI as my everyday carry gun.
    -LP-
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)

Kahr CW9 owner myself... I've never had an issue.

I owned a thunder 45 when they first came out, kept having springs break. I understand they fixed the issue though.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I've shot a buddy's CW9 extensively and while it's nice, I'd be purchasing a PPS. If I was looking at a Kahr it'd have to be PM9, not the CW or P series.
    "I play for keeps."

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I'd go Kahr all the way; I have two and both have been flawless through thousands of rounds. I have the P9 and the MK9.

I think they're just about the perfect CCW piece in 9mm

Administrator
    Kahr, no debate needed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Kahr's ...Walther's can bite...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Uhh, Walther, duh. I have two of them. The PPS is a dream. If you want me to tell you why, just let me know. If some of the best guns in the world are made in Germany (and the surrounding countries), why wouldn't you get one? I've shot a both Kahr's and Bersa's = no competition. Even if you have to wait for it, it is worth it.

That's like asking if you want a Mercedes-Benz, Toyota Camry, or Chevy Impala. And yes, they all run.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Buy the Bersa.... I have the Thunder 9 UC Stainless. Have put 850 rounds through it without a single FTE or FTF. Ammunition shot includes WWB 115gr, Remington 115gr & 124gr, Hornady 147gr, CCI Blazer Aluminum and Brass, Federal...

Just as reliable and as fun to shoot as my CZ75 SP01

Bonus... take the money you save and either buy another gun or stock up on ammo...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links