Looking for a possible BUG

Looking for a possible BUG

This is a discussion on Looking for a possible BUG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, well I know there have been some recent threads about the whole government rebate check coming, and after all is said and done I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a possible BUG

Smile Looking for a possible BUG

Ok, well I know there have been some recent threads about the whole government rebate check coming, and after all is said and done I may have around $500 of my check left to spend on a back up gun. I'm more familiar with semi-autos, but wouldn't mind getting a revolver strictly from the pocket carry and reliability stand point. So, my question is, what is a good worth while bug that is within the price range, and if you have pictures that might help sway my decision that always helps(I have to present the wife with enough info for her to give the go ahead!) Thanks.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member
    It's hard to beat a lightweight 5 shot snubby for a BUG... simple, easy to conceal and effective!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

In a revolver a S&W J frame (638 or 642) or in an automatic, a Ruger LCP, NAA Guardian .380 or a Kel Tec P3AT should fill the bill for you. You should be able to purchase any of these for under $500.00. Sorry I don't have any pictures for you, but see if she will go to the gun counter and look with you.

Some will say five isn't enough. My thoughts are that we don't live in Tombstone and if I'm still shooting after five, I should have been running.

Another j-frame advocate.
    God, country, family.

I myself like to pocket carry my Kel-Tec P-3AT or my Kahr CW9.

Kel-Tec P-3AT...Davidson's Catalog Item Detail

Kahr CW9...Davidson's Catalog Item Detail
    The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    If you can find one for that price, and it would be hard but possible, I would highly recommend a Sig P232.

Kahr or a Snubbie get my vote. I carry a Kahr... I'm much more accurate with it than my Snubbie.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Read some of my past post.

You will see that I carry a 442 as a BUG, and recommend the 442/642 over all others.

Biker

This weekend I plan on picking up a new gun pretty much for this exact same reason. After personal research, I've kind of figured out that I want to get either a Kahr CW9, Bersa Thunder, or Walther PPS. Each of them has their pros and cons. I'm still kind of undecided, so it might just come down to feel of the gun in my hand. But, I would suggest either of these for you to check out too. Hope this helps!

Dave

I'm a little biased, and still riding the new gun high, but I would get an air-weight J-frame. Actually, I would get a Kahr CW9 since I already have a 637 now.

BUG's?

I have several KelTec's...
    I originally bought my wife a SW 637, she doesn' like to carry it, but decided to take the KelTec .32...OK, better than nothing.

For those times (rarely) that I take a BUG or use the BUG as a 'lawnmower carry', I choose the P-3AT over the SW 637 (now a safe gun)...it just disappears in a pocket.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    ...it just disappears in a pocket.
    This is why I've been wanting a Kel-Tec P3AT lately. It's been warmer here and that makes me not want to carry IWB. A P3AT would be perfect in a pocket!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Along with the KelTec, you may want to look at a NAA Guardian 380 and/or the new Ruger LCP. Good luck! (Love my Walther PPK too!)

I just got a Kel-Tec PF9 yesterday and plan on using my Kel-Tec P32 as a BUG.
    If your a fairly big guy, you could pocket carry the PF9 as some do.
    Really like the PF9. I got the olive drab grip.

Kel-Tec’s New Lightweight PF-9 9mm Auto Pistol
    "An armed society is a polite society"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links