Defensive Carry banner

Sig Mauser .45?

10K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Zundfolge 
#1 ·
Anyone here held, shot or seen a Sig Mauser .45? Pic looks good but I had a few questions...

Is it DA\SA or DAO? Come in Stainless? Mag Capacity?

Any other info?

#3 ·
If you mean the Mauser M2, I believe it's a DAO....it came in .45 ACP and .40 S&W. I don't remember if there was a 9mm version of the gun.

If memory serves me, it has a manual safety; I think in the back of the slide (?)

There was some guy that successfully converted his .40 S&W M2 to 10mm.

It's imported and/or distributed by SIGARMS.

#4 ·
The short its a Dao

The long from Sigs website

Mauser

Available Models: Updated product information coming soon.

Mauser, the oldest name in semi-automatic pistols, is proud to introduce a pistol designed for personal protection for home defense or as a concealed carry for the private citizen at an affordable price.

The M2 by Mauser could arguably be called "the safest handgun on the market today". Several safety features are integrated into the M2's design. The pistol features a loaded chamber indicator on top of the slide, which provides a visual indication that a round is present in the firing chamber. The pistol's magazine disconnect is designed to prevent the pistol from being fired with the magazine removed from the pistol, even if a live round remains in the chamber. The pistol is equipped with an automatic firing pin safety that will not release the firing pin unless the trigger has been pulled. A disconnector prevents out of battery firing. The double-action only fire control system (in conjunction with the striker firing system) holds the striker at half cock which will not fire the cartridge should it be accidentally released. The manual external safety, located on the back of the slide, allows the owner to quickly observe if the handgun in is the safe mode while in the holster and can be quickly operated with the shooting hand.

Mauser M2 pistols are modern semi-automatic handguns complying with the latest technical advances in firearms design. They operate on the principle of mechanically half-cocked recoil loading with semiautomatic reloading. The manual safety catch, magazine catch and automatic firing pin ensure safe carrying of the pistol. After every shot the firing pin is automatically half-cocked and completely safe. The distinctive contrast sights in conjunction with the ergonomically favorable grip design permits rapid, precision target acquisition and firing.

Mauser M2 Technical Specifications:

Mechanical rotary-action bolt; Striker-fired (no hammer); Double-action only semiautomatic pistol; loaded chamber indicator, magazine safety disconnect, manual safety, available in .45 ACP, & .40 S&W calibers.

Each Mauser M2 pistol comes complete with green plastic hard carry case, trigger lock & 2 magazines.

The Mauser M2 is imported and distributed in North America exclusively by SIGARMS.

#5 ·
My brother has one. Its DAO, although its not that bad a trigger for a DAO (not as sweet as my Kahrs though).

Its fat, real fat, which is silly since its a single stack.
The safety is just stupid ... its a switch across the back of the slide.
Just a bit too bulky to be a good CCW piece

But its a tack driver ... very accurate (so accurate that I really really wish it had a SA trigger so you could really take advantage of its accuracy). Also his has been very reliable ... not a single problem (except when shooting some lead reloads, but I believe those problems where 100% ammo related)

Main reason I'd be interested in buying one would be to convert a .40 to 10mm ... other then that there's plenty of other guns that I'd rather have.

#6 ·
Mauser M2

"I was somewhat curious on to what country this firearm should relate to? As everybody knows, Mauser is german name and german firearms company. Howewer, this particular gun was developed and manufactured in USA by international company SIGARMS, which purchased the right to use Mauser name for handguns from its original owner, Mauser werke in Germany. So, let it be American Mauser :)

The Mauser M2 is a recoil operated, locked breech semi-automatic firearm. It uses short barrel recoil with rotating barrel locking. The handgun has DAO trigger with striker firing (no hammer). Mauser M2 features numerous safeties: automatic firing pin safety, trigger bar disconnector, loaded chamber indicator. Moreover, the manual safety is available as option. The manual safety is located in unusual place - at the rear side of the frame, under the place where the hammer usually may be found. Also, M2 features aluminium alloy frame with steel slide and replaceable slide rails.

M2 is reported as a comfortable, compact sidearm. The only minor drawback of M2 is its rotating barrel sheme, that requires good lubrication of the rotating barrel to operate properly."

#9 ·
can't see it being a natural draw and disegage with the safety on the back. Other than that it looks to be about like most other autos on the market today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.