HK P2000sk

This is a discussion on HK P2000sk within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just put money down on an HK P2000sk in 9mm for my main carry gun. Looking for any thoughts or experiences carrying this gun. Appreciate ...

Thread: HK P2000sk

HK P2000sk

Just put money down on an HK P2000sk in 9mm for my main carry gun. Looking for any thoughts or experiences carrying this gun. Appreciate it.

2. Remove Ads

Which trigger? I had one in .40. Between the funky LEM trigger and snappy .40 I couldn't shoot it well. I would still have it if it was a 9mm though. It's definately well made but this one wasn't for me.
    -Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Which trigger? I had one in .40. Between the funky LEM trigger and snappy .40 I couldn't shoot it well. I would still have it if it was a 9mm though. It's definately well made but this one wasn't for me.
    I went with the V3 (DA/SA). Thats what I'm most comfortable shooting. I did rent the .40 DA/SA and shot it really well. Very accurate. I like to shoot quite a bit, so decided on the 9mm.

One of the most concealable reliable handguns you will find.

Good choice.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

I think you made a good choice.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Great gun, what variant did you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by HKtexas View Post
    Great gun, what variant did you choose?
    V3 DA/SA with Decocker

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've carried a P2000SK V.3 9mm for about a year and a half. I smile every time I shoot this pistol at the range. Everything always feels correct, precise, ergonomic and exudes quality. I have the Mepro night sights and can highly recommend them.

It has easily functioned 100% with any of the different brands of ammo I've fed it. I've landed on Hornady TAP FPD for my carry ammo as it delivers excellent accuracy, has the XTP bullet, and uses low flash powder. I use a Galco Concealable holster with a Galco COPS belt. I like this holster alot. It's 20 degree forward rake facilitates drawing from the 4:00 position I prefer. Here's a pic with a more usual 15 degree holster as a comparison.

The P2000SK will also take USPc and P2000 magazines, although they stick out the bottom. HK sells a X-grip to fill the gap. They also sell flat mag bases. Congratulations, you're purchasing what IMHO is one of the premier CCWs available. Happy shooting, be safe.

Bought Used

Paid $550 for a .40 DA/SA with a couple hundred rounds of use. Installed a 10# wolff hammer spring and MMC adjustable night sight.
    The lighter spring improved the DA trigger pull by 30%.

Suggest a great holster from Alessi or Bulman with a good belt. Worth the investment.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    Suggest a great holster from Alessi or Bulman with a good belt. Worth the investment.
    MTAC should be here today to play with. Mitch Rosen Premier full detail and belt ordered and a Bridgade M-11 ordered as well. Just the wait now for the good leather!

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    I've carried a P2000SK V.3 9mm for about a year and a half. I smile every time I shoot this pistol at the range. Everything always feels correct, precise, ergonomic and exudes quality. I have the Mepro night sights and can highly recommend them.

It has easily functioned 100% with any of the different brands of ammo I've fed it. I've landed on Hornady TAP FPD for my carry ammo as it delivers excellent accuracy, has the XTP bullet, and uses low flash powder. I use a Galco Concealable holster with a Galco COPS belt. I like this holster alot. It's 20 degree forward rake facilitates drawing from the 4:00 position I prefer. Here's a pic with a more usual 15 degree holster as a comparison.

The P2000SK will also take USPc and P2000 magazines, although they stick out the bottom. HK sells a X-grip to fill the gap. They also sell flat mag bases. Congratulations, you're purchasing what IMHO is one of the premier CCWs available. Happy shooting, be safe.
    Good feedback thanks. I definitely will add the Mepro night sights. I have them on my Sig and love then. Appreciate the the thoughts on Hornaday TAP, thats what I'm using in my 229 .40 and have thought the same for the HK in 9mm. I've been pretty impressed with that round. Currently purchased some XTP to test thru it. Pretty excited to get it and I have some new leather on the way.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Spartan View Post
    MTAC should be here today to play with. Mitch Rosen Premier full detail and belt ordered and a Bridgade M-11 ordered as well. Just the wait now for the good leather!
    The Mitch Rosen Premier is an excellent holster. In fact, I may get another one. I have one for a different pistol and would gladly use one daily with my P2000SK. It took some fitting to get it right, but after that, the holster rode very comfortably and is a "snap" to get on and off.

The P2000SK is probably my favorite gun. I'm an HK fanboy, and everything about the gun just feels right to me.

Links