Taurus Millenium pro

Taurus Millenium pro

This is a discussion on Taurus Millenium pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have just seen one of these guns in .40 cal at a local pawn shop. It looks as if it has been fired very ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Millenium pro

Taurus Millenium pro

I have just seen one of these guns in .40 cal at a local pawn shop. It looks as if it has been fired very little. I can pick it up for around 260.00. Any thought on this gun. It is small enough to conceal, so I would be using it for that. I like the looks of the gun and it carries a decent amount in the mag. But I don't know much about it reliability wise. Anyone with experience with this gun please chime in. Also, I would prefer a .45 if someone has one for sale around this price.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

Anti-Taurus

I have never had luck with Taurus weapons and would not trust my life with them. Price is attractive but for a another $150 or so you could most likely find a preowned Glock which has similar platform to the millenium pro. Good luck with the search and be sure to let us know what you end up getting.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

My brother owns the Taurus Millemium pro in .45, and hates it. I have shot it also and there is no way I would purchase one for CCW. The accuracy is so poor and inconsistant using excellent ammo (Hornady TAP) that you would have better luck hitting the target by throwing the gun at your target. IMHO stay away from the Millemium pro, at least in the .45.

Weird...

I have a Taurus Millenium Pro in .40... Hasn't given an ounce of problems in the 2 years we have had it. We picked it up for my wife's carry piece for when she went horseback riding by herself.

It does have a bigger kick than she would like though. But it is accurate.

Now, some of the older Taurus that I have had a chance to 'play' with... They really almost scared me away from this one.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Love mine. don't hate on the taurus

Second hand knowledge, but my ccw instructor had a student just before me with a Millennium Pro. The gun was having all kinds of malfunctions, so that is my experience with them.

I have a 9mm Mil Pro. PT111. Its an excellent little pistol IMO. The front end is about an inch shorter then a G19, and obviously, the grip is smaller and angled differently, which it seems to me lend to it having more kick then my G19. Its great for short range and concealed carry. Ive put about 400 rounds through mine trouble free.

From the reading i've done especially at taurusarmed.net, the 3rd gen seemed to be the best. The older ones were prone to some problems.

What kind of distance are you talking, Conrad? As far as it not being accurate.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

My 2 cents.... My wife has a 9mm version. Its adeqautely accurate and has always been reliable. I'm not a rabid fan but I can't be too critical either..... Certainly ,for the price, I've been satisfied.....

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Centermass:
    I owned a pt-140 (mellenium pro) and the gun never gave me an ounce of trouble. It was small, accurate, and never misfired or failed in any way through about 600 rounds. What caused me to trade it? I could not deal with all the negative feedback I saw on the Taurus forum. Go on that forum and search carefully.....many problems are cited, and although Taurus has a lifetime guarantee, but it takes a lifetime to get it back from them once you need repair.
    I just felt I could not trust it as a ccw, so I traded it in on a Glock 26, and never looked back.

my 9mm 2nd gen has been good to me. and I own three of their revolvers.

I own a Rossi(made by Taurus) and I love it, but I have heard good and bad about the semi-autos. Mostly from people who don't own one. Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

I have had my PT140 Millennium Pro stainless for 2 years and have shot over 2000 rounds through it. In that time I have had two problems. From the factory the magazine lock was weak and broken off. Had to send it back to Taurus to get it fixed and yes it did take a long time to get it back a two and a half month. But from what I have heard this seems to be the norm for other manufactures. The second problem was the capacitive spring needed to be replaced because the spring would go through the slide hole. According to Taurus this was a problem with the earlier designs of the springs.

All replaced at no charge the only charge was shipping to them.

Have not had any other problems with accuracy and care in a Tuck-This holster.

The only thing is I wished the magazines were stainless.

I own three poly pistols...the P3AT, Glock 26 and my all time favorite: the 2nd generation, DAO, Taurus Millennium Pro PT145. It doesn't like cheap ammo, e.g., Winchester White Box, but just loves my carry ammo: 160 grain Corbon DPX (non-pluss P BTW)

Fine weapon if you ask me...and the 2nd generation is a true DAO...it has restrike capability....and as for accuracy...here is my target after two magazine quick fire at 25 feet:

Sounds like remarks are all over the spectrum. As stated earlier you can add$150 more and by a used Glock... Actually I see Glocks in the $450 range here new at our gun shows ... NEW! Good luck, don't rusn into something that may not be what you will want.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links